Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: parking ticket from mcdonalds....
richard thomas

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
parking ticket from mcdonalds....

can't believe it...spent an hour and 3/4 in local maccy's with missus drinking coffee and chatting.....parked in the maccy carpark...couple of days later got a letter through the door from UK Parking Control Ltd with pics of car numberplate recognition and in/out times stating that I had overstayed beyong the advertised limit and demanding a £100 fine....which is reduced to £50 if payed within 14 days.....

Anybody had experience of this? I am very reluctant to pay this, not sure what action they might take if i don't...doesn't mention any further action if I don't pay on the letter....

scootz

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'd bin it... but then again, I'm an argumentative b*****d!

It's Evolution Baby!

Humbug

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Was there an advertised limit?
richard thomas

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Was there an advertised limit?

I a pretty sure there was, but didn't consider it at the time...wasn't planning on being in there hat long....just happened....didn't pass it a second thought at the time, especially as we were in the establishment....

monkeyarms

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
It is an unenforceable invoice. Ignore it and any subsequent letters. Do not telephone or write to them or agents acting for them.

See http://www.pepipoo.com/

[Edited on 17/1/12 by monkeyarms]

paul the 6th

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Do not contact them, do not respond to them, do not pay them, just file the letter away and keep it safe for the next 6 months. They will send follow up letters with extra costs added each time (£25 for a 2nd letter, £45 late payment charge etc) and then you'll start getting letters from a company like roxburghe debt collectors (capital letters in red writing). I think I had around 4 letters from the parking company and 3 'final demand' letters from roxburghe debt collectors threatening that non payment may result in court action...

Then everything stopped.

If it's a police or council parking ticket then you MUST pay it - if it's one of these ridiculous ltd. companies like the one you have mentioned then they can't legally enforce it. I had the same experience with LDK parking & security services limited who manage the car park at Whitby train station (I had paid & displayed but was parked against a kerb instead of in a space) as well as many lidl, McDonald's and business carparks.

If you acknowledge the letters they will know you're reading them and that you're likely to be scared into paying them. If you ignore their letters they eventually give up because they'd have a very hard time arguing their case in court (look for LDK PARKING on the consumer action group website).

[Edited on 17/1/12 by paul the 6th]

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
owelly

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've had several letters from a private parking enforcement agency (Parking Eye) and they too sent a letter showing the car going in and out of the car park. After much tweb research, I've decided to ignore the letters.
There's plenty of info but as long as it's not a council owned car park, then the 'penalty' is un-enforcable.
So far, I've had three threatening letters and the 'fine' has gone from £50 up to £100 and they've threatened me with the next step which is a debt collection company. The only person collecting any debt from me will be a bailiff that has been appointed by a court. The Parking Agency can only take me to court to recover the cash value my overstay accrued. As it was a free car park, that's nothing so they'll never take it to court.
I'm sitting tight.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with the above. They can charge you to use the car park on entry or exit, they can clamp you and charge for release, they can remove your car and charge for release... but they can't fine you.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

richard thomas

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all advice....as it was/is free carpark, I haven't robbed them or caused them to lose revenue so far as i can see....can't see a court of law backing this one.....?
MakeEverything

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I'd bin it... but then again, I'm an argumentative b*****d!

+1 (Im saying me too, not i agree with you that you are!!)

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

MakeEverything

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
On another interesting note, how difficult would it be to look up webcams of public areas, and take photos to scam people like this into paying up? Maybe worth reporting them to an ombudsman or the police.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

emsfactory

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Just bin it. I had the same from parking eye. After looking on the web I knew what the letters would look like before I got them.
Had 4 in total. Been a year since the last one.

jossey

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyarms
It is an unenforceable invoice. Ignore it and any subsequent letters. Do not telephone or write to them or agents acting for them.

See http://www.pepipoo.com/

[Edited on 17/1/12 by monkeyarms]

AS ABOVE.

DO NOT SIGN NO NO NO NO

I got one and binned it and then sent a letter saying i wasnt driving see below.....

Reference: {Either your vehicle registration or the letters own reference}

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated [DATE OF LETTER], I confirm that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle {YOUR REGISTRATION MARK}.

I respectfully request that you take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle at the time in question.

It is my understanding that I am not obliged to provide driver information to anyone other than the Chief Constable or Cheif officer of Police.

Yours faithfully.

xxxx

[Do not use your usual signature or best of all, only print your name]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Surrey Dave

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Had Similar

Had similar deal with Morrison's , my mumwho's quite old and slow went shopping in Morrison's , it really did take her over 2 hours to do the shopping consequently she recieved a parking ticket through the post.

I called the store manager and explained that she was actually shopping with them at the time and not just using the car park, they obviously had some liason with the parking company and the fine was waived, they said that she should have gone to customer services at the time the parking ran out and notified them that she was still in the store.

If you were genuinely sitting in McD's car park consuming their products I would contact the manager at that branch.

I wouldn't want to wait and worry for months about the outcome.

Proby

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Been there and had it too. From McDonalds and Mrs had one from Tesco (came addressed to me as the cars registered to me). Stick it in a drawer and ignore it. They pestered me for 12 months, then eventually gave up! They can't do jack poo as it's a request/invoice NOT an enforceable fine!
Dazzer

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
parking tickets

How do these people get your name and address just from your reg number thought that was only the Police that could get that information.
fesycresy

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
An hour and three quarters in Maccy D's ?

You fat fcuker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

richard thomas

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
An hour and three quarters in Maccy D's ?

You fat fcuker

Aye!

PSpirine

posted on 17/1/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with all of the above regarding ignoring the actual Ltd company notice.

However, I personally would go and speak to the Maccy D's branch. They usually have little to nothing to do with the issue of these tickets (the Ltd company collects the CCTV info and issues tickets automatically). Having dealt with McD management in the past, I am fairly certain that they will ensure the "penalty" gets dropped to keep you as a customer.

And you don't need to give out any personal information to have that conversation.

It would save an awful lot of bother and potentially abusive debt collector phone calls. May not matter to you but might upset your missus/kids if they happen to answer the phone.

rb968

posted on 17/1/12 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer
How do these people get your name and address just from your reg number thought that was only the Police that could get that information.

I'm afraid the DVLA do a roaring trade on providing your details to such companies or a small fee.

Rich

macc man

posted on 17/1/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Our local Aldi store has a Parking Eye scheme and there is a sign to advise customers to see the manager if you forget to enter your reg number. This should sort out most of these disputes.
scudderfish

posted on 17/1/12 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
Agree with all of the above regarding ignoring the actual Ltd company notice.

However, I personally would go and speak to the Maccy D's branch. They usually have little to nothing to do with the issue of these tickets (the Ltd company collects the CCTV info and issues tickets automatically). Having dealt with McD management in the past, I am fairly certain that they will ensure the "penalty" gets dropped to keep you as a customer.

And you might get a free burger out of it

iank

posted on 17/1/12 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer

I'm afraid the DVLA do a roaring trade on providing your details to such companies or a small fee.

Rich

£2 a shot I believe

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

rusty nuts

posted on 17/1/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Get in touch with your local newspaper and give Mcdonalds a bit of bad publicity?
Ninehigh

posted on 17/1/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Get in touch with your local newspaper and give Mcdonalds a bit of bad publicity?

That's been done before, iirc Maccies stated that the fine would be waived as the 2 hour rule was to stop people parking there for a 80p burger then bog off into town all day

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.