Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: parking ticket from mcdonalds....
iank

posted on 17/1/12 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Get in touch with your local newspaper and give Mcdonalds a bit of bad publicity?

That's been done before, iirc Maccies stated that the fine would be waived as the 2 hour rule was to stop people parking there for a 80p burger then bog off into town all day

Counter productive getting them in the papers as when they waive one it makes other people that see it think they are enforceable. They AREN'T!
They'd (MickyD not the bottom feeding lawyers) would have to take you to court and prove their losses, which on a free car park isn't going to be easy and not close to what it would cost them in lawyers just to issue a writ.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

JoelP

posted on 17/1/12 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
On a similar theme, i recieved a bill from the council for 2 or 300 pounds to remove a load of flytipped rubbish from the front of a house i own, i basically told them i wouldnt pay it until ordered to by a judge, and never heard back from them (2 years now).

You can safely take this approach without fear of a ccj, because if you do lose in court you can pay immediately and not get a ccj on your record.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

morcus

posted on 18/1/12 at 04:30 AM Reply With Quote
You might find this funny but I seem to be only one from the other side of the fence as I work in management at a McDonalds.

I Don't know anything about what will happen if you don't pay it or any of that side of it but if you were there and you tell the store in question they should just email the parking people and have it cancelled. If your not going to pay it any way you've got nothing to lose from trying.

Most (If not all) McD's Carparks are owned by a different company that sets all this stuff up and all stores should have signs up saying what the terms are and telling you what to do if your in the carpark legitamitly for longer than the time stated.

As someone else has already said, these systems have become popular for a reason, alot of people abusing carparks owned by businesses which has a negative effect on customers and profit. I used to frequently visit a small tesco store in the town that until it got one of these systems always had an empty store and a full carpark because people were parking there and getting the train to london, and In my store we used to frequently have people leave there cars all weekend while they took coaches to Europe, taking away parking when we really need it for our customers. It's not a money making sceme, it probably costs more than they make out of it.

Poeple do frequently stay longer than the set time, all it takes is an email to the company (Our computer has a form letter, so all you need is the reg number, make model and colour entered) and it's all fine and saves all the hassle.

It probably doesn't make the slightest difference, but the specific system has been changed in the south east, I can't speak for other regions, and the company has changed. I doubt this means they'll take a different aproach and start summoning people to court.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.