Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: woken at 3am
loggyboy

posted on 23/1/12 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
im sure they have vibration alarms as well as all the dye and burning systems mentioned...its kinda a pointless way to make money...

you mean 'not to make money'

ashg

posted on 23/1/12 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
oh well at least they have created a job for someone to come and fix the wall.

edit.

btw proper crimes are the ones you never hear about because the guys doing it are way to smart to ever be detected or draw attention to themselves.

these ATM thefts are essentially petty crimes usually committed by the local village idiots compared to proper organised crime.

[Edited on 23/1/2012 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

coozer

posted on 23/1/12 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
So, you've got your own back on the Coop for the noisy delivery drivers! Well done!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

graememk

posted on 23/1/12 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
not that i would but if i were to do a job i'd hold up a car aution, must be more cash in one of those places after everyone has gone home.
Ninehigh

posted on 23/1/12 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Set up a fake atm... Take down everyone's card number and PIN Saw it on The Real Hustle

A1

posted on 23/1/12 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by A1
im sure they have vibration alarms as well as all the dye and burning systems mentioned...its kinda a pointless way to make money...

you mean 'not to make money'

just keeping you on your toes!

eznfrank

posted on 23/1/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Set up a fake atm... Take down everyone's card number and PIN Saw it on The Real Hustle
#

Ha, if you've seen it on The Real Hustle, you can be pretty certain it's never happened in real life. I'm a fraud investigator of around 10+ years experience and in my opinion most of what they feature on that show is just nonsense - all theoretically possible, just never happens in real life.

gottabedone

posted on 23/1/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
It's nice to know that masked men drove that digger into the side of your house and it took the old bill 20mins to turn up......from 9 miles away....at 3 in the morning. If they kept it down to 80, they would have got there in 6 mins! Good job that our masked men didn't decide that your car was a better suitable getaway car after using their digger to get into your place.

Glad you're all safe though

steve

mookaloid

posted on 23/1/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Apparently the perps have had their collars felt today - not sure how yet but that's a bit of good news

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

bi22le

posted on 23/1/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Not much of a get away vehicle.

"No officer, you are mistaken, that's my cash machine up there in the grabber. its up there to stop people nicking it!!"

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 23/1/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
It won't be long until taking the anti-ram posts for scrap will be more valuable.

Man-hole covers are being stolen around these parts (or anything metallic, bolted down or not), with some very nasty and serious results.....

paulf

posted on 23/1/12 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Our local building society was done the same way a few months ago, they managed to rip out the cash point along with the front of the building but made the mistake of using a range rover as the get away vehicle.The cash machine was found about 50 yards away presumably because it wouldn't fit in the rear hatch of the range rover which had been stolen locally a few days before.
Paul

Stott

posted on 23/1/12 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
BBC3 is showing "bizarre crimes" in 5 mins time showing a gang who used a digger to rob an ATM in a "quiet village"
loggyboy

posted on 23/1/12 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
#

Ha, if you've seen it on The Real Hustle, you can be pretty certain it's never happened in real life. I'm a fraud investigator of around 10+ years experience and in my opinion most of what they feature on that show is just nonsense - all theoretically possible, just never happens in real life.

In this case it realy happened, long before the real hustle was ever broadcast there was a crimewatch or similar where some smart peeps had rented a shop, installed an ATM, set up a modem to send them all the details of anyone who used it, took a few weeks for the locals to start talking about how there was never any cash in it. Eventually they shut it down but not before they got away with quite a £1ks of money.

Ninehigh

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
And how many times has it taken that long for them to "get your details" that you wonder if someone's inside reading it?

Irony

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
If you want the 'REAL' hustle just read Frank Abignale's autobiography 'Catch me if you can'. The film version doesn't do the man justice. My favourite story was before the days of cash points when they used to have 'night safe deposit boxes' on the front of banks. Sometimes you can see still them on older banks. People came along and dropped their cash into a tube with a deposit slip etc. All Frank did was dress up as a bank security guard and stand there with a sign that said 'Night safe out of order, please leave deposits with the security guard'. His book claims he made about 68K US over three days IIRC.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.