Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Well, how was it?
Dingz

posted on 7/5/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote

This was my favorite. I thought it was a pretty good show, on sunday anyway.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

Stott

posted on 7/5/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was pretty good, I noticed Re-Mans car and also the track taxi - minus the stickers and probably a bunch of others on here whos cars I didn't recognise.

I came home with a bunch of hozelock connectors, a piece of ally billet, an adrian flux pen and some back issues of CKC, oh and tired legs

yellowcab

posted on 7/5/12 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
Stott - should have come over and said hi

coozer

posted on 8/5/12 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
That orange and black R1OT in Coozers pics is a belter. Ivan (T66) and I drooled over it a few times!

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket, which I think it did!

Heres another angle...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Slimy38

posted on 8/5/12 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"Are you sure those pictures weren't from last year? Or the year before? It's difficult to tell.... Chris "

I saw more interesting stuff 10 years ago than some of this twaddle!

But i did meet up with my old m8 Hicost, and also met Russ with the Formula 1 look alike

i was there by 0930 straight off a nightshift, and home by 1615. and its a 2.5 hour drive each way

twas a poor show, but in defence of the organisers, the weather was shite, and that must put off 90% of possibly entrants

I have to admit it was a lot weaker than I had expected, (I got there at 10 and was walking out by 1:30) but there were still a handful of inspiring kits. I think the only thing I wanted to see that didn't turn up was the Murcielago MR2 bodykit.

Had I been building a kit the main hall would have held my attention a bit more though.

bi22le

posted on 8/5/12 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
That orange and black R1OT in Coozers pics is a belter. Ivan (T66) and I drooled over it a few times!

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket, which I think it did!

Heres another angle...

That riot does look very nice. I love the exhaust and spoiler. As i understand it they are quite light and well set up cars aswell. I wonder how good weight distribution is with engine and driver so far back. Se7ens can achieve 50-50.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

coozer

posted on 8/5/12 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I am mighty impressed by the Roadrunner SRV8.... I want one

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

adithorp

posted on 8/5/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
A mates Riot is 49-51% front/rear distribution.

I had a good weelend.
Sat... Nice drive down avoiding the main roads. Good company for drinks Sat evening (Scott/Ivan Who do I owe for the pizzas?) but then got the ugly date for the drive-in movie
Sun... Decent weather. Met too many people I knew to have a proper look around and spent most of the day chatting. Got some new break padsand a few odds and sods. BBQ and booze on the JPSC in the evening.
Mon... Up early and pack n the dry. Proper look around the halls as it was quieter. Heard the rain on the roof Got backto puddles on the tonneu. Managed to tip them in the car! Put the hood up and water proofs on and headed home. Weather improved once north of Brum'.

Bad... MEV stand looked a bit cramed in. Some empty spaces in the halls. Too many people to talk to.
Good... SR2 with the v8 LS1! Thats going to be a handfull and it's a nice chassis even if you gowith the standard MX5. GD's new T70moda with the modular roof Stunning!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

scootz

posted on 8/5/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket...

I think it's miles better looking than the Rocket... anyone driven both!?

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 8/5/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I had a good weelend.
Sat... Nice drive down avoiding the main roads. Good company for drinks Sat evening (Scott/Ivan Who do I owe for the pizzas?) but then got the ugly date for the drive-in movie

Good to meet you Adi!

Plugged in the iPhone to the computer when I got home and I appear to have taken a few blurred pictures of you driving your Fury upside-down! How did you manage that!?

It's Evolution Baby!

adithorp

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I had a good weelend.

Good to meet you Adi!

Plugged in the iPhone to the computer when I got home and I appear to have taken a few blurred pictures of you driving your Fury upside-down! How did you manage that!?

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. Did they never explain that you should keep the camera steady. Or did you just misunderstand and thought they said, "Be the third passenger in a 2 seater car and hang upside down, off the back while it's doing doughnuts."

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Stott

posted on 8/5/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Stott - should have come over and said hi

I hung about for a bit, you were being lectured about your inlet trumpets being cut at the time so I thought I'd come back but never got around to it

ReMan

posted on 10/5/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
MKSTND
MKSTND

CLARE
CLARE

NCGRN
NCGRN

[Edited on 12/5/12 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.