Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LS Engined "7" anyone???
loggyboy

posted on 15/8/12 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
I don't like the top wishbones.
I especially don't like the outer end of the top wishbones.
Why on earth you would have two fabricated joints there when both tubes could simply have attached to the threaded bush is utterly beyond me. It's almost inviting failure.

Surely the extended outer joints keep the majority of structure aligned with the the loading points - as per this study:
http://www.formulastudent.de/academy/pats-corner/advice-details/article/pats-column-rod-ends-in-bending/

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 15/8/12 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
purely out of interest for a self build how much would you estimate to get one of these on the road? (realistically)

MakeEverything

posted on 15/8/12 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
I like it, and wouldnt mind a drive in it. Not sure about the plate behind the engine though, or is this to stop you being sucked into the engine?

Good effort on the design and being different. I feel that the engine might be a little overpowered, but what a laugh you'll have shredding the tyres!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Irony

posted on 15/8/12 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I feel this thread should be deleted.

I have been following this thread with interest and I think it should be deleted. There is no actual FACTS contained within it only opinion. Opinions given by people who may or may not have amazing qualifications in engineering. Internet forum threads such as this can make or break businesses such as RRR. Anyone who searches for SR2 or RRR will come across and be confused by the many differing opinions contained within.

Locostbuilders should support kitcar manufacturers and try and help them promote their product because we want a better kit car industry in this country. If someone seriously objects to something as fundamental as chassis safety and design it should be done privately with the business and not on a open forum. Only then should it be made to the public if no progress is made.

We're dealing with peoples livelyhoods here.......

[Edited on 15/8/12 by Irony]

MakeEverything

posted on 15/8/12 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I have been following this thread with interest and I think it should be deleted. There is no actual FACTS contained within it only opinion. Opinions given by people who may or may not have amazing qualifications in engineering. Internet forum threads such as this can make or break businesses such as RRR. Anyone who searches for SR2 or RRR will come across and be confused by the many differing opinions contained within.

Locostbuilders should support kitcar manufacturers and try and help them promote their product because we want a better kit car industry in this country. If someone seriously objects to something as fundamental as chassis safety and design it should be done privately with the business and not on a open forum. Only then should it be made to the public if no progress is made.

We're dealing with peoples livelyhoods here.......

[Edited on 15/8/12 by Irony]

I agree and disagree.

Whilst we should be supporting businesses that produce good products / services and promoting them, this is a social forum and so will attract positive and negative views. Potential customers will make their own decisions anyway, and as the manufacturer has already said, he has put up some credible explanations to even the balance.

That said, i don't think (or expect) the LCB forum to support anyones business, as it is neutral ground for discussion, not a marketing board for small businesses or IT ventures.

[Edited on 15-8-12 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Neville Jones

posted on 16/8/12 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:

Above sentence is not even worth a reply.

?? You yourself just said [I quoted you] that was the only load situation and that controlling camber was the only job for them? As I say, I hope your chassis designer has more of an understanding of the loadings than just those to support the car as you seemed to suggest. It's perfectly possible the upper rod end is big enough to deal with it, but it's still not exactly ideal and if it was given to me as an engineer there's no way in hell I'd OK it for manufacture, but that's my call - I'm a bit of a stickler for detail. Your call on your car though, if you're happy it's suitable.

The point that the guys I showed this to was much the same, and backs up the comments I made earlier.

The FEA MAY have been done, but the opinions of people who do this work every day are that the wrong, or incorrect, loadings have been input.

Mr.RRR, your own statements seem to back this up.

I cannot believe that a properly qualified engineer, of any sort, has had anything to do with this car and the design work in it.

Maybe Mr.RR,you could get the engineer himself to post here, explaining just how he came to the conclusions that this design work is safe and correct.

You mention you have Product Liability Insurance, could you please scan the certificate and post it here, showing clearly the underwriters name? You'd be the only company in the kit industry with this, so should be proud to let the world know and show them so.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 16/8/12 by Neville Jones]

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/8/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
What makes you think the engineer "hasn't" posted on this thread?
Mr C

posted on 16/8/12 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr C

An example of not knowing when to walk away from the table, trying to win an argument by having the final say wth an attitude of I'm right everyone else is wrong.

You made your pont earlier and are now going over old ground, if the respondent raised a new issue (which he didn't) then reply to it, but don't keep posting and posting trying to score points on every last detail. You don't "win the argument" by making the last post. Also it doesn't help if you adopt an attitude that anyone who disagrees with you must be wrong.

Perhaps if the OP was taken more at face value rather than the ins and outs of a ducks arse we wouldn't end up with these heated debates, after all this was a post initially on what people generally thought of the car the focus being the engine and transmission not the suspension design.

To the roadrunner team: all the best with the project guys and well done for daring to be different.

As above...

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

sdh2903

posted on 16/8/12 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Anything else you want him to post up? Bank statements?, supplier details? pictures of the Mrs?

Please just give it a rest nev your just making yourself look a bit childish.

snakebelly

posted on 16/8/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nev,
Give the man a break! He is happy with his design obviously and RRR aren’t exactly newcomers to the industry. Like all these types of projects I’m sure changes and improvements will be made over time once some track testing takes place, this isn’t the mainstream automotive industry here it’s the kit car industry and R&D budgets differ accordingly.
If it’s any consolation Mr RRR I like it, personally I can’t think why you would put an engine that size in a seven but the fact you have done it deserves acknowledgement. Vive le difference!

daviep

posted on 16/8/12 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hate to say it Nev but you are starting to sound like a tit, the one man crusade against anybody who is actually doing anything is starting to wear a bit thin. You increasingly rarely post anything constructive just glib replies about being paid for your expertise or such like.

You claim to be an expert in nearly everything, you may or may not be telling the truth I don't know or care, but there appears to be no evidence to support these claims. No pics in the archive. Can we have some proof of your credentials please such as certificates of education and invoices for done.

I like this forum but all the unconstructive negative comments are starting to spoil it, or thats my opinion.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

gottabedone

posted on 16/8/12 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've typed a response a couple of times and deleted it but it gets to the point where to be honest you have to question what Neville's motives are here.

The fact that some people don't like the design of the wishbones is one thing and well worthy of discussion/debate. The constant demands for documentation whether related to these' bones or not is a whole different ballgame and frankly none of your business what so ever.
You've already asked too many times so either stick to the debate about the design of the bones or move on.

Steve

Mr C

posted on 16/8/12 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
Hate to say it Nev but you are starting to sound like a tit, the one man crusade against anybody who is actually doing anything is starting to wear a bit thin. You increasingly rarely post anything constructive just glib replies about being paid for your expertise or such like.

You claim to be an expert in nearly everything, you may or may not be telling the truth I don't know or care, but there appears to be no evidence to support these claims. No pics in the archive. Can we have some proof of your credentials please such as certificates of education and invoices for done.

I like this forum but all the unconstructive negative comments are starting to spoil it, or thats my opinion.

Cheers
Davie

+1 especially with that gun pointing at me (great avatar btw)

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

owelly

posted on 16/8/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

FFS Nev, you're asking a bloke to open his wallet/flies and show you his numbers/penis, which is his business which he has bought and paid for, but you're not willing to back up your comments with specific points you have made on a 'hobby' forum! You're putting more than just a toe in the troll pool.

....still waiting.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alfa145

posted on 16/8/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
Hate to say it Nev but you are starting to sound like a tit

Agreed....

MakeEverything

posted on 17/8/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones

You mention you have Product Liability Insurance, could you please scan the certificate and post it here, showing clearly the underwriters name? You'd be the only company in the kit industry with this, so should be proud to let the world know and show them so.

[Edited on 16/8/12 by Neville Jones]

No he wouldnt;

Most professional (Qualified) design engineers have membership to accrediting bodies which, to be a member of, you need to Demonstrate competence and qualification in the form of a portfolio and interview panel. After qualifying for full membership, it often provides legal cover and credibility in court as well as with the HSE.
The majority of these professionals that are self employed, also have design liability which lasts the lifetime of the product to cover the design aspect of the product, not its use / misuse.

There is a whole host of legislation around corporate indemnity and levels of protection, but focusing on the smaller element in this post.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Neville Jones

posted on 17/8/12 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got a personal crusade against any one in particular. BUT, I do have a personal crusade against poor design(?) in the kit world.

RRR has every right to make and sell what he wants. He also has a responsibility to ensure that what he sells is safe.

To put that big 400lb+, 400hp+, 400ft.lb engine in that spindly little chassis is grossly irresponsible.

A piece of artwork it may be, and that's what it is best suited to, but not as a roadgoing vehicle.

I would hope that anyone buying one of these to put a v8 into it, ends up with an innocuous Rover V8, a fairly safe alternative with less power than a Zetec, and about the same weight. Buyers will see that big Chev engine, then put the Rover in when reality and the wallet kicks in.

What astonishes me in this, is the people who are vehemently defending RRR, do not appear to have any engineering understanding whatsoever. Just how many are engineers, with relevant experience and education? None by all appearances.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 17/8/12 by Neville Jones]

snakebelly

posted on 17/8/12 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Well im head of engineering at NASA and i think its brill and that your a cock!
Easy isnt it........

franky

posted on 17/8/12 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
out of interest, who do you think does make a chassis that's good for 300+bhp?
owelly

posted on 17/8/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
More of the same from Nev........ it's like de ja vu all over again......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr C

posted on 17/8/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps a poll may be in order?

Is Neville;

a) a bell end

b) a rocket scientist

c) has a mild form of asbergers/autism

d) a semi retired/redundant middle manager from the civil service (tax office)

e) don't give a fook, just wish he'd shut up

first correct answer wins a years membership to the Confederation Of Components & Kitcars, of which Neville is a lifetime member.

sdh2903

posted on 17/8/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
e

wylliezx9r

posted on 17/8/12 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I haven't got a personal crusade against any one in particular. BUT, I do have a personal crusade against poor design(?) in the kit world.

RRR has every right to make and sell what he wants. He also has a responsibility to ensure that what he sells is safe.

To put that big 400lb+, 400hp+, 400ft.lb engine in that spindly little chassis is grossly irresponsible.

A piece of artwork it may be, and that's what it is best suited to, but not as a roadgoing vehicle.

I would hope that anyone buying one of these to put a v8 into it, ends up with an innocuous Rover V8, a fairly safe alternative with less power than a Zetec, and about the same weight. Buyers will see that big Chev engine, then put the Rover in when reality and the wallet kicks in.

What astonishes me in this, is the people who are vehementlydefending RRR, do not appear to have any engineering understanding whatsoever. Just how many are engineers, with relevant experience and education? None by all appearances.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 17/8/12 by Neville Jones]

Why don't you go and find something else to criticise (without actually being factual.) You really are boring.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

MakeEverything

posted on 17/8/12 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
What astonishes me in this, is the people who are vehemently defending RRR, do not appear to have any engineering understanding whatsoever. Just how many are engineers, with relevant experience and education? None by all appearances.

You're such an asshole for making that a sweeping statement. Next you're going to tell us you have an Ma in Management Studies or a degree in Personnel Management??

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

owelly

posted on 17/8/12 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
There are many folks on here who I respect their comments and take on board what they have to say. They provide useful information and whilst I don't always agree with their opinions, the information is usually accurate and honest. There are also a few 'names' that I see and think, "yeah. I see what you're thinking but it's not right..." or, "there he goes again, giving slightly wonky advice"........but most folks can see through the chaff to find the wheat.
And then there's the clunts who back themselves into a corner with broad sweeping, unfounded statements and start digging. Then they realise there's nowhere to dig so turn round to fight. But with nothing to fight with, they start waving their arms about. I think we're looking at a possible clunt.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.