Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tv tonight, classic car rescue
dhutch

posted on 3/10/12 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahallaMy theory is that they buy sound roadworthy cars and then dirty them up to look like 'Barn Finds' Have you noticed that both the E type and the Porsche looked the same. The interior had been pulled out then piled up inside the car with a few extra odd mechanical looking bits thrown it. then someone goes round the car with an aerosol can of red oxide primer and sprays it around the wheel arches to look like rust. Then they get the props department to come up with some fake cobwebs and verdigris.

Interesting idea.

Certainly I was amazed that there was nothing done other than painting it and changing the shocks and brakes. I was expecting replacing cills, letting in bits here and there, etc.

Obviously if there then selling it / giving it away then it must be in a suitable roadworthy state.

Daniel

Dick Axtell

posted on 3/10/12 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
"Bernie is a highly experienced automotive manager, master technician, workshop controller and technical engineer".

I think there may be a case here for the OFT to prosecute, under the Trades Description Act. The only description anywhere near its target was "...workshop controller..", and I've even got my doubts about that one. Master technician - my a**e!!

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

D Beddows

posted on 3/10/12 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah but my mum could call herself a 'master technician' (or any of the other 'qualifications' ) if she wanted and she doesn't know how to open the bonnet of her car Personally I'm an astronaut, never been in space or sat in a space craft or done any training but so what - now if I called myself a NASA astronaut..........

[Edited on 3/10/12 by D Beddows]

dhutch

posted on 3/10/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
...I've even got my doubts about that one. Master technician - my a**e!!

If he isnt a master technician (what the fook does that mean) then he certainly isnt an engineer.

"An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, social and economic problems."

Daniel

steve m

posted on 3/10/12 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
""An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, social and economic problems."

that rules out 99.999% of any one on this forum then!

dhutch

posted on 3/10/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
""An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, social and economic problems."

that rules out 99.999% of any one on this forum then!

In my book, it rules out anyone who isnt an engineer or isnt acting as I would expect from an engineer.

Daniel

puma931

posted on 9/10/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Watched some of it last night..... what a mess they made of the MGB!
Turned over after the usual outbursts and the completely unprofessional way they "manage" their workshop and "restorations". What a load of rubbish!!

FASTdan

posted on 9/10/12 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Its something to have on in the background whilst doing other stuff but I wouldn't devote an hour of my time to it lol.

Fast and Loud is actually the best one of these programs imo, there's something a bit 'cooler' about it than most

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mookaloid

posted on 9/10/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
The MGB last night was unbelievable - they set up the rear axle so it fell out when it went up on the ramp - any idiot could see that they had cut the ends off the leaf springs - so it would fall off when it was lifted then wouldn't it?

The program is utter cr*p - I've a good mind to complain

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Slimy38

posted on 9/10/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
I caught the first twenty minutes of the MGB GT 'restore', I'm surprised they even bothered putting it back together!! In fact I'm amazed they even managed it!!

I do agree that it's a bit of 'sensationalist TV', no-one in there right mind would intentionally go into a spray booth and do that bad a job. I'm not a sprayer and even I know that you cover the wheels!!

Shame really, had it been closer to 'a car is born', it would have been much better to watch but probably not got as big an audience.

TimC

posted on 9/10/12 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't it the same narrator as Kit Car Crisis?

That sealed the deal for me... on top of Bernie the man who once thought one of Leepu's creations might [gruff]"Take off and kill Mr Jools 'olland"[/gruff]

dhutch

posted on 9/10/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
The program is utter cr*p - I've a good mind to complain

Do it, I have.

Dont know how C5 works but I have a freind who works for the Beeb and everyone there is very aware of what the customer feedback and ratings are for any known program.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.