Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: windows 8
Agriv8

posted on 21/5/13 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have stuck with Windows 8 and just about retrained myself and have to say enjoying the experience. Win 7 was quick win 8 with solid state drive in Lappy is Blistering.

Running media centre to play CD's ( it a buy in extra IIRC)

PS You lot dont know your born as an old timer retrained 120 staff from dum terminals to windows 95. I am not saying its easy but you are going have to jump sooner or later. Just ignore the metro interface its only for the 'Yooths'

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

twybrow

posted on 21/5/13 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
I am using windows 8 with solid state tech, and it is very quick, although I need to keep on training myself to stop trying to use it like Windows 7!
britishtrident

posted on 21/5/13 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Most of the Windows 8 niggles vanish if you install Classic Shell http://www.classicshell.net/ It is genuinely 100% free and rock solid.

But the real way to go is Linux

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

David Jenkins

posted on 21/5/13 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Linux is my main system, but I have Windoze 8 on a laptop for times when only Windoze will do - I've got used to it, and it's still much better than the Vista that was there previously! I would also have preferred Win 7, but I got Win 8 cheap... Win 7 has never been cheap for the full pro version.

The classic shell is one way out of the problem, but MS will be shipping a Win8 upgrade free of charge later in the year (subtly called Windows 8.1) that's supposed to address all of the complaints. We'll find out in June, when the pre-release versions get shown to the computing press.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.