Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blacktop Cams & Pullies
pigiron

posted on 28/11/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Blacktop Cams & Pullies

For 2.0 Blacktop;

I'm in the market for a pair of aftermarket cams, nothing too radical as I wish to retain the biscuit type shims/followers.

Pullies would be welcome too.

Fizzer

posted on 28/11/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Standard cams gave about 150hp (with weber 45's)
I ran phase 3 newman cams, with 36mm chokes on my standard blacktop (apart from arp rod bolts) which made 170hp
after porting and 40mm chokes (with jetting to suit) its up to 195hp but bottom end has suffered a bit.

Can't remember the make of my verniers but they are good 6 bolt jobbies, I've seen 3 bolt verniers which make me V nervous.

pigiron

posted on 29/11/12 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzer
Standard cams gave about 150hp (with weber 45's)
I ran phase 3 newman cams, with 36mm chokes on my standard blacktop (apart from arp rod bolts) which made 170hp
after porting and 40mm chokes (with jetting to suit) its up to 195hp but bottom end has suffered a bit.

Can't remember the make of my verniers but they are good 6 bolt jobbies, I've seen 3 bolt verniers which make me V nervous.

Are you running the Newman phase 3 cams with the standard bucket / shim set up ... no probs with the shim tipping up?

Fizzer

posted on 29/11/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Std shims.
I had to take a tiny amount of material off the head around the buckets with a dremal to allow the cams to rotate freely.
the shims are noisier when you crank by hand - worryingly so. But Newman assured me that this was normal and its been fine.
as quiet while running as normal cams (need to reshim though as they will be out)

Andy

pigiron

posted on 29/11/12 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Andy, thanks very useful info.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.