Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mnr vortex or roadrunner sr2
parkiboy

posted on 14/3/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLee
Just buy a boosted MX5. You'll save £8-£10k, you'll have a roof and doors, won't go bald with stress of IVA, you can drive it straight away and on the road it'll make you smile just as much!! (In fact dont try smiling in an MNR with no windscreen at speed - it makes your face go wierd!) - or - like others have said, build a Westfield. Just my opinion of course, although its based heavily on experience.

I used to have an mx5 turbo and I agree, when I get bored of my 7 I'll get another, I know it will get used a hell of alot more and they are great fun, my 7 has cost me over 3 times as much, is it 3 times more fun? I really dont think so

RK

posted on 14/3/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
At the end of the day (and the days can be long building a kit car), the Caterfields will not be appreciably more expensive than anything else. It depends how different you want to be, really.
Tazzzzman1

posted on 14/3/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Being the Roadrunner Sr2 owner that a few have mentioned, I'd definately recommend it (but I would wouldn't I?) Not if I wasn't impressed with the build , the car or the service!!
I obviously can't speak of MNR as I have had no dealings, however I can comment on my dealings with Roadrunner.

Service and help I have had from them has been above and beyond!!! Helped with any issues, assisted in IVA and set up all suspension geometry etc etc.

All I can say is look in CKC mag in Feb and Mar 2013. Mine is the yellow and black one. What you get for the money is a very well sorted chassis that is probably one of the best handling out there. Also a build quality that the more expensive kits would like to have aspirations of. Mine cost me £8K to build, which was dome on a very tight budget, but looks ££'s more expensive.
The car is also very exclusive as there are not so many around at the moment due to them being a fairly new kit.

The MX5 lump is more than enough, but can easily be upgraded to 200+ bhp without too much cost. The lump is designed with turbo/ supercharge in mind. Anything more than 200bhp in a Seven type car is pretty much wasted IMHO

[Edited on 14/3/13 by Tazzzzman1]

[Edited on 14/3/13 by Tazzzzman1]

van cleef

posted on 15/3/13 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Without experiencing either car but on looks alone the roadrunner for me and Tazzzman1's is a lovely looking car.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.