Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: halfords changing an engine?!
dinosaurjuice

posted on 3/5/13 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
update

£2200 they have fitted a 2nd hand engine with 8kmiles on it

Ive tried to politely tell him hes been ripped off, but hes certain hes had a good deal...!

I wasn't aware they would buy second hand parts so im wondering if a mechanic working there has done a cash deal?!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 3/5/13 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
If they've changed the engine, I'd be wanting a) some sort of guarantee on the workmanship, b) some sort of warranty on the engine itself (have they checked it over at all?), and c) a complete engineers report including where the engine was sourced from - ie. is it stolen/a ring-ding-dinger, the old engine number confirmed as removed and scrapped, and the new engine number. When you write to the DVLA telling them you've changed the engine, they'll want all these details and more!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

dinosaurjuice

posted on 3/5/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
ive asked 'emmanuel' what his new engine number is and all he keeps saying is '1.2'.. its probably not worth explaining!

tegwin

posted on 3/5/13 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
What is it they say about a fool and his money? Oh well...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ReMan

posted on 3/5/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurjuice
ive asked 'emmanuel' what his new engine number is and all he keeps saying is '1.2'.. its probably not worth explaining!

1234?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Ninehigh

posted on 3/5/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Tell him you've looked it up and his engine's from a stolen car

Davegtst

posted on 3/5/13 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, these type of people never learn. That's a massive ammount for a fitted second hand engine I would check with Halfords if they are even allowed to do that in their policies. Mug
dinosaurjuice

posted on 3/5/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
its a huge amount of money. makes me proud to have the knowledge and skill to do such a task myself.

On a positive note, this lad has been with this company for 9 months and done naff all (apart from tell everyone how good he is) and has today handed his notice in to leave

kj

posted on 3/5/13 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
well had my company car serviced this morning dropped it off 8.30am give us a couple of hours. Went back after 1 hour car up and oil draining, sat and waited the man behind the counter went away and kept peeping round the door (strange) he came back and said i was on the phone to our suppliers your oil filter should have been here by now. I asked can you not get it from the store, no it costs to much from them i get them cheaper else where.
Then a work shop guy walks through and says that car i think its failed its MOT, he asked what the items were and said it was border line so just fail it so we could do with the work.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

ss1turbo

posted on 6/5/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be honest and say I get decent (fair) MoT's on my cars from my local Halfords Autocentre.

Why there? Most of the time they do 1/2 price offers, and I make it quite clear that I'll be doing any work on it if it fails. So far, so good..

On the flip side - our company cars used to get only done at main dealers. They tried going through a third party 3 or 4 years ago for a few months; first car that went for a service (oil change and pollen filters, I think) came back covered in oily fingerprints (inside and out) and with an engine warning light on. Garage denied all knowledge, refused to fix the warning lamp. Cost more than the dealer service to get the warning light fixed..

Just changed over to an external fleet management company who seem to want to use...yep, you've guessed it...

Long live RWD...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.