Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK 1 MX5 rust free shell for sale
marmot0

posted on 22/2/14 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
MK 1 MX5 rust free shell for sale

Hi, I have decided to take the plunge and build another car, I will be turning my trusty mx5 into an MEV replicar. So I have a rust free shell and all body panels up for grabs, I have already listed the hard top and roll bar on ebay. Please feel free to make me offers on all parts appart from the running gear which I will be keeping, parts available to collect from SE london.
MX5
MX5

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

rotax78

posted on 22/2/14 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking for a decent mx5 in mariner blue, if it's in decent condition I'd be interested in the full car. Might be better financially for you aswell
marmot0

posted on 22/2/14 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
hi, im sorry but the car is definately being dismantled.
Cheers

rotax78

posted on 22/2/14 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Nevermind if anyone knows of mariner blue mx5 for sale let me know
clairetoo

posted on 23/2/14 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Nice work there.....taking a good , rust free car apart to build a kit-car , when rotten ones are ten a penny.........you realize good ones are going up in value ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

cb500t

posted on 23/2/14 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
Nice work there.....taking a good , rust free car apart to build a kit-car , when rotten ones are ten a penny.........you realize good ones are going up in value ?

Very true,got my MX5 donor for £325 with 2 months tax and 7months MOT and immediately sold the hard top for £175,but it is suffering from tinworm !

clairetoo

posted on 23/2/14 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Also - a question - do you intend to hold on to the doners registration details for your kit ? If so , all you will be selling is about 500kgs of sheet metal..........it may be a shell , but with no identity it will be worthless .

Since Mx5's are mechanically indestructible , whats the problem with selling your car , and buying a cheap rusty one to strip ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

marmot0

posted on 23/2/14 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I understand where people are coming from, but I have all the bits on this car that I want, which include a fully rebuilt engine, avo coilovers and no rust on the arms and subframes and also a limited slip diff, all these parts alone are
Worth much more to me in bits than on the car. I also have owned and cared for the car for a few years so I know I will get a hassle free build .The car will have no registration but I thought someone might want a shell to go racing with.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.