Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best polish for aluminium?
redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 8/4/17 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by redturner
I am not really qualified to say as for the last 40 years I have only used Solvol Autosol.....

Do you still watch black and white TV? Like most things metal polish has moved with the times. Not a dig by the way

Why, have they invented colour telly yet, never catch on. I started using Solvol during my motorbike days and found it brilliant on crankcases etc. Ever since I have used it on the various racing cars that I have run, body panels, suspension parts, wings, tanks etc,. Always get lots of positive comments.

rusty nuts

posted on 8/4/17 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
First time I used the purple metal polish I thought this isn't doing anything as it needed no effort , then I wiped it off. So much easier than anything else I've used and better results. Seems to last well which is a bonus although I don't polish my car every month like Paul
David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/17 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I last polished mine early last year - it still looks quite respectable, especially when I bother to wash it! I'll give it a birthday sometime over the next week.

I've just got some Meguieres from Halfords, and found out it's exactly the same stuff as I had before - just the artwork on the label has changed a little.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.