Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rod shifter linkage for transverse middy?
Peteff

posted on 29/1/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Do you have Nissan Vanettes there?

Mine has a twin cable linkage to the gearbox which may be adaptable to your setup. It's not lightning fast but you could tune it to your own taste I suppose.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

cymtriks

posted on 29/1/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Try looking under an MGF, MR2 or Elise. In the kit car world there's also Marlin (5Exi) and GTM (Libra).

If what you see is transferable or copyable to your car then that's your solution.

There was a company making replacement shifts for the MGF with rose joints. Could be just the thing but I can't remember who made it.

edited to add-

Oops, forgot you're in the States. I suppose an equivalent car over there would be the Fiero. Don't know if you have any of the cars I listed over there.

[Edited on 29/1/05 by cymtriks]

Rorty

posted on 31/1/05 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
I've used cable shifters from various cars including a Volvo estate (don't know which model..8 something I think), Toyota Corolla and Golf amongst others.
They're so simple, you could make your own with a couple of rod ends and a length of round silver steel (or an old gear stick).
If you were using a VW transaxle, there's now a fully sequential cable shifter and nose for them. It wouldn't fit in LaBalla though.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wheelsinsteadofhooves

posted on 31/1/05 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
at last

for all those waiting on tenderhooks (anyone??), heres the scans of the audi shifter linkage as prmmised. this is all there is in the mag but i think it shows the mechanism pretty well.
atb,
z Rescued attachment audi001.jpg
Rescued attachment audi001.jpg

wheelsinsteadofhooves

posted on 31/1/05 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
numero 2...
that the lot Rescued attachment audi002.jpg
Rescued attachment audi002.jpg

sgraber

posted on 31/1/05 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a mechanically completed La Bala middy that is using MR2 mechanicals. Just the bodywork to finish at this point.

The next 2 versions (already off the drawing board) will be using an Audi 5000 transaxle and a Honda B18 respectively so thanks Wheelsinstead for that very clear photo of that transaxle. It shows the shifter mechanism very clearly. That is very helpful. Now I am hoping that TerrapinRacing will be able to post the photo of the back of that beautiful rod shifter for the mini.

edit - oh! and the link to the lambolounge linkages was spectacular!

Thanks guys.

Graber

[Edited on 1/31/05 by sgraber]

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 31/1/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
The Sylva Mojo modifies a Vauxhall Cavalier gearshift (which reverses the action) to link to a Ford Box - details at www.sylva.co.uk or pics here. The alternative is a Ford Focus shift which uses a rod for fore/aft and cables for the rest. Rescued attachment gearlinkage-2.jpg
Rescued attachment gearlinkage-2.jpg

JC

posted on 31/1/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
And this Rescued attachment gearlinkage-1.jpg
Rescued attachment gearlinkage-1.jpg

sgraber

posted on 1/2/05 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
Wow! ASk and ye shall receive. That's the ticket brothers!

Graber out.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.