Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pushrod suspension explained
jono_misfit

posted on 15/4/06 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
If you look at many single seaters they have similar style mountings for rod end.

Personally i dislike single shear mounts as you put a bending load into the point where the bolt enters the fixing. The load on the bolts is often a lot higher when there bending and shear rather than just sheer (like in a double sheer mount).

Hillclimb cars seem to use single sheer mounts with woefull abandon and few seem to run safety washers.

Still hilclimb you wont bump wheels and if you touch a bank thats likely to cause more than a ball to pop from the joint.

C10CoryM

posted on 15/4/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ya, no one likes single shear, but it does get used a lot without failing .

Around here safety washers are absolutely mandatory to race. Maybe due to the heavy weight and the higher torque of cars rod end failures are more common here. I would never consider running anything without safety washers. Then again, I am well known for breaking stuff .
Cheers

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 15/4/06 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I had to buy mine from the USA, because I can't find them over here!
Someone will probably tell me where now!

rv1890

posted on 16/4/06 at 03:02 AM Reply With Quote
Finally!! I found what I need. The Race And Rally Car Source Book by Allan Staniforth. Thanks Liam for recommending it earler in this thread. It explains a good amount of the things I needed to know when this thread started. This book explains straight forward the understandings of build a good race car. Highly recommended. Thanks again .
rv1890

posted on 16/4/06 at 03:04 AM Reply With Quote
Oh and one more thing. Hey Nitram do you have a web site showing your build??.. When I click on ur www it send me to your web cam deal. Thanks.
nitram38

posted on 16/4/06 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rv1890
Oh and one more thing. Hey Nitram do you have a web site showing your build??.. When I click on ur www it send me to your web cam deal. Thanks.

Not at the moment.
I am in the process of changing broadband provider, but I will set something up.
I will probably sell my car within a few months of the sva as I have my heart set on another build!
I fancy making an 'atom' style car with the chassis as the body.

nitram38

posted on 26/4/06 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to take a photo of the Rod End safety Washer. I bought them from a supplier in the US called Pegasus Racing.
And before anyone says anything, the suspension is in droop, so the rose joint is supposed to be at that angle!

Description
Description

[Edited on 26/4/2006 by nitram38]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.