Finally!!!!!

Tony's finally going
But not sure about Gordon...........

02GF74

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Gordon is not going.
James

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Gordon Brown.... shudder! What a frikkin disgrace to humanity!

Sooner he has a heart attack the better.

I'd rather Blair than Brown!

Oh well, atleast with Brown at the helm we're garanteed a change of party leading the country at the next election!

EDIT: Not that I particularly *want* the Tories... I just want it too change! Too long in power and they get complacent and corrupt... need to be kept on their toes with frequent changes!

[Edited on 10/5/07 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

twybrow

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Ditto James. I am no Tory, but I may well vote Tory just to get Brown out. There is no way that man should be left in charge of a country - just too scary a thought!
mookaloid

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
C'mon Daave

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Sooner he has a heart attack the better.

Cmon James say what you really mean

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

James

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
The sad thing is...

The sad thing is...

that New Labour (even Blair said it was a new party pre '97) really could have done so much good.

They arrived on this wave of good feeling and popularity and had such an opportunity.... but it was all wasted.

What have we had that's worth mentioning after 10 years of Labour in power: minimum wage, Bank of England sets interest rates, and the Irish have stopped blowing each other up- probably!

Well whoopee do! All that for 10 years of work!

Makes one want to spit!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

RK

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Someone seems to have done something, because I don't think your economy has ever been this good. Just an observation from the colonies.
Fozzie

posted on 10/5/07 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
As said above......

Think we should have a general election.....after all, they are supposed to be representing us, elected by us....(assuming non-complacency of the electorate).....paid for by us....

So....IMHO it should be up to us as a nation, as to whether we actually want Brown to be in the situation of being able to communise and denegrade our country any further.......

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

flak monkey

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
The sad thing is...

that New Labour (even Blair said it was a new party pre '97) really could have done so much good.

They arrived on this wave of good feeling and popularity and had such an opportunity.... but it was all wasted.

What have we had that's worth mentioning after 10 years of Labour in power: minimum wage, Bank of England sets interest rates, and the Irish have stopped blowing each other up- probably!

Well whoopee do! All that for 10 years of work!

Makes one want to spit!

A stable economy with almost 60 consecutive quarters of growth, something the conservatives NEVER manged in 18 odd years.

Implementation of a floating exchange rate mechanism, one of the main key reasons we havent had huge interest rates and inflation in the past 10 years and such a stable economy. (Theres something politically macho about a fixed exchange rate system that the tories seem to like - but mark my words, it will lead to another disaster! Its been the main reason for every economic collapse in recorded economic history, but still some people seem to think it will work.)

A rediculous amount of money plowed into the NHS and schools, trying to undo the state they were left in 10 years ago.

I could go on...

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

RichardK

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Totally agree with Fozzie, Don't understand why somebody should be given the job on a plate, it should be upto the nation to choose if anybody.

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
its ok putting money in but it has to come from somewhere

if i told you how much i pay in tax you wouldnt believe me

my accountant worked out how much tax i pay last year (inc hidden tax fuel insurance etc etc etc) very scary.

its ok puting money into schools nhs etc what needs to happen is to sort out the single parents in the uk, children being brought up by children, being given better houses than i can afford to buy and not looking after them, but dont panic labour has given the schools money to give them laptops to look after as well.

labour seem to want to make everyone equal, but you cant some people are thick some dont want to work some work hard some just want to cliam jam roll

dont get me wrong they have also done some good

trouble is i have to much money to vote labour but not enough to vote conservative......

[Edited on 10/5/07 by graememk]

craig1410

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Gordon Brown just comes across as such a complete ar$e and by all accounts listens to nobody when it comes to making decisions. I was actually pleased to see John Reid taking on the thankless task of sorting out the home office but even he can't stomach the thought of reporting to Gordon Brown...

The only good thing from my point of view as a Conservative voter is that David Cameron should have a much easier time knocking Gordon off his perch than he would have had with his Tonyness. In fact I'm quite looking forward to Cameron knocking spots off Brown in PM's questions!!

Craig.

James

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
As said above......

Think we should have a general election.....after all, they are supposed to be representing us, elected by us....(assuming non-complacency of the electorate).....paid for by us....

So....IMHO it should be up to us as a nation, as to whether we actually want Brown to be in the situation of being able to communise and denegrade our country any further.......

Fozzie

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Totally agree with Fozzie, Don't understand why somebody should be given the job on a plate,
Rich

Did you vote for Blair? Somehow I doubt it unless you live in Sedgefield... in this country we vote for our local MP, the party with the most MPs then chooses the Prime Minister (usually the party leader but doesn't *have* to be).

So really, you voted for Brown as much as you did Blair. Unless of course you mis-understood the voting system in this country and chose you local MP based on their party's leader.

I'm sure we could have an American style 'Presidential' system if we really wanted...

Lawnmower

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming brown gets the labour party leadership, and handed PM on a plate, there will surly be a general election pretty soon after anyways.
James

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lawnmower
Assuming brown gets the labour party leadership, and handed PM on a plate, there will surly be a general election pretty soon after anyways.

Only if Brown thinks he can win it.... and at the moment he can't if the poles are correct.

If things start going well for Labour we'll see an election early (Brown then gets 4 or 5 years from the date of the win) if not, then Brown will drag the current term out to 5 years to keep himself in power as long as possible. So potentially we got him till May 2010.
shudder!

nitram38

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I am old enough to remember 15 % interest rates and the building trade collapse which also led to me losing my home after 6 years of mortgage paying.
The tories just let the working man rot while they filled their bank accounts with low wage contracts.

I don't think Labour have got it all right, especially immigration, but I have been able to work for the last 10 years, pay off my debts and manage to build a car plus buy £11k worth of parts for the next one!

flak monkey

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Sorry, I am old enough to remember 15 % interest rates and the building trade collapse which also led to me losing my home after 6 years of mortgage paying.
The tories just let the working man rot while they filled their bank accounts with low wage contracts.

I don't think Labour have got it all right, especially immigration, but I have been able to work for the last 10 years, pay off my debts and manage to build a car plus buy £11k worth of parts for the next one!

Exactly, all links back to what I said earlier. Whatever you do, you cant please everyone. Tell me one good thing the tories managed, which gains them any credibility for the financial ruin they left this country and most of its population in?

[Edited on 10/5/07 by flak monkey]

Sera

James

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

Just to play devil's advocate, and bear in mind I've never voted Tory....

Bearing in mind how different it was under the last Labour government from the current one. Why do you necessarily think that a new Tory administration would be the same as the previous one?

If Labour have changed tack with time then will the Conservatives not have done so as well? It's not as if the shadow cabinet is the same as the old tory cabinet!
In fact if anything the Conservatives under Cameron are more like New Labour than the Tories of the Thatcher days.

Fozzie

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
As said above......

Fozzie

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Totally agree with Fozzie, Don't understand why somebody should be given the job on a plate,
Rich

Did you vote for Blair? Somehow I doubt it unless you live in Sedgefield... in this country we vote for our local MP, the party with the most MPs then chooses the Prime Minister (usually the party leader but doesn't *have* to be).

So really, you voted for Brown as much as you did Blair. Unless of course you mis-understood the voting system in this country and chose you local MP based on their party's leader.

I'm sure we could have an American style 'Presidential' system if we really wanted...

No James...I didn't vote for Blair, or Labour....

In a general election you have to think of 2 things (IMHO),
1.... The leaders of the collective parties
who are they, what do they stand for, will they have the vision to do what is best for the country as a whole,
Have they the charisma to stand up and be heard on the International front....

2....Your local MP, how vocal will he be at parliament..... will he have any clout......does he have your interests at heart.

So really, in a general election, you are primarily voting for the leader of the said party.......... not for who he later decides to put in his cabinet as deputy, chancellor etc.......

As for the constituents,.... well that has been in need of reform for many years...there appears to be a great diversity in the capita per MP in some parts of the country, as opposed to others......

All in my personal opinion of course!

Fozzie

[Edited on 10/5/2007 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ayoungman

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
it all started going tits up when blair took us into a war..............thats still going on !

"just like that !"

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
No matter who you vote for the government always get in. Things not been good for me since labour took over. I am working for £8,000 a year less than i was then and facing redundancy AGAIN

flak monkey

posted on 10/5/07 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Oh and a couple more things the tories still need to answer for:

The skills shortage we are STILL facing 10 years down the road, even with the vast numbers of appreticeships now being offered, we are well behind.

The economy was so bad that it bankrupted the majority of manufacturing and smaller businesses/companies. (Companies need a stable economy so they can predict their costs, none moreso than manufacturing companies who have so many variable costs)

Of course you were fine if you were a businessman, or in the stock market, but for the average person what happened was devastating. Would you seriously consider re-electing a party, still containing many of the cronies responsible for the major cock up last time, back into power, to be faced with the possibility of the same crisis happening in 5 years? Please dont, I'll be on the housing market then...

Sera

BenB

posted on 10/5/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I have to vote for the party and the leader cos my local MPs do jack poo So it doesn't really matter who I vote for at a local level.....

I think Blair's an arrogant tosspot who should have resigned long ago for the whole Iraq BS. I can't think of any other leader who would

completely undermine the UN
ignore the general consensus of the member states
ignore a large proportion of his own countries population
invade a country on a premise that later was proved to be wrong

and yet still have the gall to stay leader....

what really seems unfair is that in a few years time he'll be earning big bucks on lecture tours (or more likely as MD of one of Bush PLCs multinational companies) whilst his legacy continues in Iraq with British men and women dying just so he could chum up to Bush (probably so he'd given him the job in the first place).......

The fact that New Labour have right royally shagged up so many golden opportunities is frustrating. They've blindly thrown tax payers money into turning the whole country in a load of civil servants following ridiculous protocols, targets and edicts from above. Their approach to the NHS has been ridiculous. They're selling chunks of it of to the private sector quicker than you can say "privatisation", they've got themselves even deeper with PPI, whilst all the time meddling so much with the bits they haven't sold off that they stop working as well.....

If Brown can't make decisions I'll be happy!!! Better than Blair and his chronies who think they know the answer to everything and delve into stuff they know jz about... Sometimes more paperwork, more bureucracy, more administrators and more protocols isn't what's needed, its just letting people get on and work!!!!

Oh well! Happy day!!

Humbug

posted on 10/5/07 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lawnmower

Only if Brown thinks he can win it.... and at the moment he can't if the poles are correct.

If things start going well for Labour we'll see an election early (Brown then gets 4 or 5 years from the date of the win) if not, then Brown will drag the current term out to 5 years to keep himself in power as long as possible. So potentially we got him till May 2010.
shudder!

The Poles can't vote here can they? I know there's enough of them, but I think it should be up to us to elect who we want to (mis)govern us

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.