<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the turbo shop
triumphdave

posted on 12/12/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
the turbo shop

Have any of you guys had any dealings with this site before
LINKY

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

Jubal

posted on 12/12/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
That site is so similar to the fluke motorsport site that it cannot be a coincidence.
Werner Van Loock

posted on 12/12/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
The guy from that shop is on here somewhere, can't remember his nickname, but guess he'll pop up here.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieW

posted on 12/12/07 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Its fatboy dave's
DaveFJ

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
As several members on here already know, I ordered (and paid for) a manifold from fatboy Dave over 10 weeks ago now. No sign yet! and I have stopped getting responses to my emails/U2Us......

I am now looking for an alternative supplier

[Edited on 13/12/07 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

skidmark

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm. Now that is interesting... I think I can beat your 10 weeks!

I think I'm coming up to the 13 week mark now!! (waiting for a XE to GSXR1000 manifold + extension bits).

I seem to have had the worst luck in the world with this bloomin order!

First of all the website didn't let him know I'd ordered which took up a couple of weeks, then Royal mail lost a parcel, then the were no manifolds in stock so I had to wait for another batch, then Royal mail lost another parcel.

This was getting to the 2 month mark at this point! I got tired of waiting last week and actually arranged a courier (through Interparcel) to collect it. Twice out of the three "guaranteed" collection times, UPS didn't bother attempting a collection and the thrid time, he hadn't quite got home in time and they missed him!

It was due to be posted again on Monday via TNT but unsurprisingly it still hasn't arrived!

Dave has generally replied to my u2u's and been helpful and it really does sound like it is just bad luck but how much bad luck can one order have!?

I would go and collect it but it's in Portsmouth (and I'm in Norfolk / Cambridgeshire) which I just don't have time to do!

Has anybody else had similar issues - there certainly seems to be something funny going on with the post in that area!

Cheers

Duncan_P

posted on 13/12/07 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I am also up to three weeks now waiting for extension bits, which i didnt think was too great but 13 weeks!! Now im getting worried
DaveFJ

posted on 13/12/07 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Interestingly i was also told that the first parcel sent had got lost in the post......

Dave

Pdlewis

posted on 13/12/07 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
for someone who has rubbished the compettiton and wont produce manifolds with bent runners to suit the carbs this is poor. At least when people order from the likes of bogg they are told there will be a long wait
whitestu

posted on 13/12/07 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I ordered early October and am still waiting.

Mine got lost twice in the post too.

Was told today mine was posted yesterday.

Stu

[Edited on 13/12/07 by whitestu]

skidmark

posted on 13/12/07 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Don't like the sound of this!

Has anybody actually received anything at all from this company?

triumphdave

posted on 13/12/07 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Mines only been a couple of weeks know.It was posted tuesday so hope mine dosnt go missing in the post too.Has someone got his address perhaps we could have a group outing.
A geezer in Wales ripped me off for an engine a couple of years ago for £100 I hunted him down for a couple of months,so I would defo not let a couple of hundred quid go without a fight.(I squeak when I walk).
But seriously if its genuine probs with the mail fair enough.He is still loging on to this site as he has answered my last U2U,praps he will see this thread and put all our minds at rest.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

DaveFJ

posted on 13/12/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
last login 09:37am 12 hours after this thread started.......

[Edited on 13/12/07 by DaveFJ]

Dave

DaveFJ

posted on 14/12/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
He was on again at 11.33 pm 13th...

Guess he doesn't want to comment???

Dave

DarrenW

posted on 14/12/07 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
I was engaged in a rather frank and open, yet constructive, discussion about manifolds etc. Im pleased i went with my original hunch and ordered from Boggs now. They quoted 5 weeks, i said i wanted 6 (holiday), it was actually ready in 4.5. Cant fault there service for manifold or rolling road session. All things considered total cost is very reasonable from them.

MikeRJ

posted on 14/12/07 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I certainly think he has a point about bent runners, some of the manifolds I have seen from other suppliers certainly wouldn't win any awards for balanced flow between the runners.

It's a great shame that the service appears to be lacking though. I sent the website URL to several people who were interested in doing bike carb/tb conversions, will point them to this thread so they can make their own minds up as I don't want to look like a git (any more than normal!) for suggesting it.

DarrenW

posted on 14/12/07 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
It might be worth allowing Dave to comment now before anyone jumps in with GTS (dare i say that!! ) style responses etc. There are some core members here with genuine concerns so id hate there worries to get diluted. If he runs the site as a hobby then leadtimes will be longer at some periods than if it were a principle business. There may be some issues that havent been communicated that are causing the delays.

Im not saying excessive leadtimes and low level of communication is excusable but he may have a good reason. Has everyone read and understood the conditions of use? id all those still waiting get an order confirmation?

Cue FBD stage left......................

(BTW im not implying anyone has been discourteous or has done any flaming - but these threads have a habit of getting silly...)

[Edited on 14/12/07 by DarrenW]

triumphdave

posted on 14/12/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
It might be worth allowing Dave to comment now before anyone jumps in with GTS (dare i say that!! ) style responses etc. There are some core members here with genuine concerns so id hate there worries to get diluted. If he runs the site as a hobby then leadtimes will be longer at some periods than if it were a principle business. There may be some issues that havent been communicated that are causing the delays.

Im not saying excessive leadtimes and low level of communication is excusable but he may have a good reason. Has everyone read and understood the conditions of use? id all those still waiting get an order confirmation?

Cue FBD stage left......................

(BTW im not implying anyone has been discourteous or has done any flaming - but these threads have a habit of getting silly...)

[Edited on 14/12/07 by DarrenW]

I really hope you are right,but its not the lead times that are the problem,I think we are all more concerned about the amount of orders that go missing in the post.After the first order went missing I would of sent the rest recorded delivery,Its getting on for 1/2 doz missing orders that we know about,so far.As I said my order is know due monday,lets hope that its not lost in the post,I will let you all know.

skidmark

posted on 15/12/07 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
My parcel didn't arrive again so I've unfortunately (after over 13 weeks) had to give up waiting and asked for a refund.

Hope this is all just a genuine postage problem as I really did believe Dave was being helpful and trying to get the parcel to me and that this was all just bad luck until I heard others had been suffering similar problems!

As was said previously, a quick reply from him would really help put our minds at ease.

He did say that I was welcome to come and collect the parcel any time I wanted so maybe those of you nearer the south coast would be better going to collect yours rather than asking for it to be posted again?

whitestu

posted on 16/12/07 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

My parcel didn't arrive again so I've unfortunately (after over 13 weeks) had to give up waiting and asked for a refund.

I'll be doing the same if I haven't got mine by Monday.

I'm prepared to accept there have been some postage issues, however the number of failed deliveries seem highly improbable.

I'm tempted to post all the U2U messages I've had and let people make up their own minds about this supplier.

Stu

whitestu

posted on 17/12/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mine didn't arrive again, so I've asked for a refund.

Stu

skidmark

posted on 17/12/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
No there's a surprise!

Any suggestions for alternative suppliers (other than Boggs Bros and Altiss) who aren't going to charge the earth?

Having said that though I think I'd rather pay a bit more if I knew I was going to actually get my order!!

Fatboy Dave

posted on 17/12/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry people, don't venture down here that often hence not seeing this thread.

Anyone who has anything outstanding has a u2u. Anyone who wants a refund can have one. |Anyone who needs a manifold can have one. At the moment, with the nature of my day job, nothing will happen until the new year (retail distribution at christmas anyone?)

Sorry if anyone feels hard done by, I have provided proof of postage where I can (or remembered - I'm pretty poor at remembering things. This is why anyone who orders from me is given my mobile to contact me). Suffice to say, no one goes away worse for their custom, no one will be hard done by.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

DaveFJ

posted on 17/12/07 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
no U2U here?

Dave

DarrenW

posted on 18/12/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
What happens to all the parcels that go missing? Does this mean you are massively out of pocket Dave? Im pleased it didnt happen to me, id be devasted if i lost so much value of parts due to crap couriers and then had to remanufacture and appease all of my customers.

Hope it all gets sorted for everyones sake.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.