Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sorry I didn't see you
Peteff

posted on 13/12/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Road Traffic Calamity?

Tim round at the shop got a phone call from his friend who has bought a Mitsubishi Evo FQ 360. He was up Matlock today and pulled up in traffic when a Skoda slid sideways into the back of him. It doesn't sound good for the car..

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr Clive

posted on 13/12/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair its not just the insurance industry. Everyone involved in road safety calls them RTCs now.

Its not because someone is always at fault, but because calling it an accident implys that no one is. Apparently.

As for the alfa, I would certainly be having serious words with alfa uk about the seats

turbodisplay

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I`m still suffering from back problems due to an accident months ago.
9 am travelling from epping to m11 j7.
Traffic is baked up going into epping, following a mondeo at safe distance considering it is wet. Ka behnd me.

Expecting the unexpected, Looking well ahead of the car in front, i`m aware of the posibility of something stupid:
Woman on other side gets board of waiting, does a U turn without checking the road is clear.
@r$£ Goes through my mind, apply brakes for a gentle controlled stop, car in front skids, oscillates and ends up going into ditch. I brake harder in case he hits someone, then gets T boned by me.

Perfectly gentle (ish) stop.

Stop 20m before the car went off the road.
Perfect - I`m so good! -
2 seconds later BanG!
(shouldn`t have been so cocky - the only time i don`t folllow protocol of bracing for impact whilst checking mirrors).

Get out and bloke behind goes what did you stop for. "Where do I start, the upside down car or the woman attempting a three point turn"

At least he had to explain to his sister why her car which was comming back form a service is now back in being repaired.

Ironic the only car with abs (mine) didnt get used. Both infront and behind would have saved then from an accident.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 13/12/07 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
The doctor is WRONG!

Please get a second opinion. Unfortunately, the emergency (I thiink it's A and E for you) doctors you may have seen shortly after the incident have a lot of impact on the insurance people. Whiplash doesn't show up right away. You will need CT scans and all that for any soft tissue damage to be recorded.

[Edited on 13/12/07 by RK]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.