posted on 14/5/08 at 06:43 AM
ah well !

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

worX

posted on 14/5/08 at 09:52 AM
I'm fed up of you sitting on the fence Mark...

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon-Performance-Eu
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
if you provide a service to people who gather on a public forum, you would expect that the works carried out would be satisfactory, no matter how much you spend.
There are company's out there who will take your money from you and provide a service which is totally unsatisfactory (cowboys), fellas just be aware of people like that, do your homework first, it's an expensive mistake.
So to you out there who provide crappy workmanship shame on you, you know who you are and will most probably carry on doing what you do as thats all you know.

For legal reasons no names were mentioned

[Edited on 13/5/08 by welderman]

I will name names it would appear that the people (at least x3 so far) are very unhappy with the service provided by a Mr Chris Darby (zxrlocost), owner of the B.E.C. Centre.

What I cannot understand is, if he is a "supposed" build agent for M.N.R & a "supposed" B.E.C centre, why is he getting others to undertake his work (or at least blaming others for the faults that paying customers vehicles in his care are leaving his premises with anyway) ?

Having met & spoke to named gentleman at Donnington kit show last year, the common consensus is that he is a prime knuckle shuffler, but that fact was not put out into the forum due to the usual suspects who would instantly jump to the gents defense, irrespective of how he treats paying customers.

It would appear he is a Crook and not a very clever one at that.

Mr Darby if you are reading this and you feel anything that is being said about you untrue, please feel free to u2u me about it and I will pass on to you my solicitors details to allow both Her and I a good laugh at your resulting whine.

TimC

posted on 14/5/08 at 10:11 AM
What's the best way to remove my BEC OC decal from plastic?

What is it with this f00kin' industry?

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 14/5/08 at 10:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
What's the best way to remove my BEC OC decal from plastic?

Gently warm the decal with a hairdryer then peel the decal away, and if you have and stubborn glue residue left spray that with some furniture polish and leave for a bit and it will lift the cr*p away too, viola no more trace of said decal.

carpy

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:20 PM
Interesting thread. I was debating getting an MNR built up to my own spec using this guy as he's an MNR agent.

I take it several of you would think that this isn't a particularly good idea?

Most of my companies work is clearing up the mess left by other companies who don't give a flying **** whether they do a good job or not.

It's the one thing that annoys the hell out of me, so if it's true about this guy then I'll take my business elsewhere!

Can someone alert him to this thread so he's got a chance to put the record straight?

Jubal

posted on 16/5/08 at 06:53 AM
quote:
Can someone alert him to this thread so he's got a chance to put the record straight?

Unless you are calling us liars then I think you mean "put his side of the story forward".

carpy

posted on 16/5/08 at 09:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
quote:

Unless you are calling us liars then I think you mean "put his side of the story forward".

I'm hardly qualified to call anybody on here a liar as I don't know any of you.

I think it's pretty obvious what I meant, although I agree I could have worded it slightly better.

Is he going to come and reply tp this thread then?

Dragon-Performance-Eu

posted on 16/5/08 at 09:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by carpy

Is he going to come and reply to this thread then?

The "gentleman" in question was Last active here on: 15-5-08 at 23:55

& last posted on 7-5-08 at 19:35 in (LocostBuilders » Forum » MNR Vortx » R1 tuning capabilities) under the username "zxrlocost"

As the "gentleman" was directly requested to comment on this thread (in a thread he started advertising his B.E.C. business) we can say with a degree of certainty that he is aware of the situation, but as with most Cowboys, when their practices are brought to the masses they go to ground......

So I don't think you should hold your breathe waiting for a reply, and if you want to buy a "turn-key" M.N.R. contact the company direct by the following methods.

Telephone 01423 780196

Fax 01423 780299

Mobile 07782 170066

Parts Enquiries:chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

Car Enquiries: mnrsportscars@btinternet.com

RichardK

posted on 17/5/08 at 10:16 AM
Indeed the MNR is a great car and the people at MNR are fantastic and have helped me out even though I don't have one of their cars.

It would be a shame if MNR businees was to suffer directly because of the actions of a 3rd party, I'm sure Marc and Chris need to address some of the issues related to this thread as an MNR build agent is involved in this possible fraudulant claim (works have been agreed, paid for but not carried out)

In short don't let this put you off buying what is a lovely car, just go directly to MNR.

Regards

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 17/5/08 at 12:03 PM
Locking this thread due to multiposts and the BEC forum thread.............read that please before you go back to edit.....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.