<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JAW wideband lambda
ChrisW

posted on 15/5/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
JAW wideband lambda

JAW Wideband lambda units, as seen here:

http://14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm

Great idea, reasonable price, but the 20-day lead time to delivery of just the kit doesn't sound great to me, and it's even longer if you want it assembled. Plus I suspect a lot of people would be put off by the soldering aspect!

So... anyone interested in a group buy? I'll buy the PCBs and controllers, have them shipped over here, acquire the parts locally and assemble/test them. Need to buy 10 units minimum.

So, question is, can I get 10 people interested in an assembled unit, shipped from the UK (so no customs to worry about), built and tested. You just need to supply the lambda sensor.

Complete unit, with the display, for £60, delivered to your door.

EDIT: I now also have a supplier for the lambda sensor plug, grommets and terminals as specified on the JAW website (LINK) Will be able to supply all the parts needed (excluding the sensor of course) for an additional £8. You don't need these bits, but it will make your installation a lot neater!

Anyone interested please reply below

Cheers, Chris

[Edited on 5/16/2008 by ChrisW]

[Edited on 5/16/2008 by ChrisW]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blue2cv

posted on 15/5/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Typical, just got and built mine
big_wasa

posted on 15/5/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I am in
coozer

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm interested as well but heard about someone being stung for import tax

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

blue2cv

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Fourteen pounds and a few pence
David Jenkins

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I'm interested as well but heard about someone being stung for import tax

Steve

That was me, sort-of...

C&E didn't charge me any duty, which they would have done if it was electronic 'luxury goods' (20%). It was a VAT charge, which is hard to argue against, plus an £8 handling charge from Royal Fail.

So you could probably take Chris's figure, expect 17.5% VAT and your share of the handling charge (80p) - nowhere near as expensive as mine!

richard thomas

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent.

zetec

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm interested, how much for a wideband sensor?
MkIndy7

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Not related to your group purchase but i'd consider getting the display as well or some indication as to what the Lambda is reading when its on the car.

When your tuneing obviously you have the laptop.. but when its all tuned up i'd lie to leave the laptop at home!
but then you'd have no idea what its doing should there develop a small problem with anything.

zzr1100rick2

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Im very interested its the next thing i have to get to set up my fueling
ChrisW

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Read the post guys!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
So, question is, can I get 10 people interested in an assembled unit, shipped from the UK

£60 delivered to you. No VAT or taxes to worry about.

Chris

[Edited on 5/15/2008 by ChrisW]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 15/5/08 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
very interested, need to check bank balances etc.
MartynV

posted on 16/5/08 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
And another buyer!

Martyn

U2U sent

viatron

posted on 16/5/08 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Im in please
tim windmill

posted on 16/5/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
i am in for one, could there be a group buy for the bosch sensors?
GaryM

posted on 16/5/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, count me in
nre

posted on 16/5/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
I could be interested but have no need for the display - would you consider doing a kit without display, and if so what price?

Thanks,

Neil

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

ChrisW

posted on 16/5/08 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'm doing the group buy for units and displays together, but perhaps have a word with Robocog and come up with an agreement? I'll happily send the two parts of one kit to different addresses, as long as you cover the postage.

Chris

ChrisW

posted on 16/5/08 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Right, so far we have...

big_wasa
richard thomas
zzr1100rick2
robocog/nre (half each!)
martynv
viatron
tim windmill
garym

+ me makes 9.

One more confirmed and we're on!

Chris

fazerruss

posted on 16/5/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
erm this looks interesting.ive got a megasquirt myself and im unsure as to if i would need one of these to set it all up. what would be a rough cost for all the bits to have the one like what mtech sell for a couple of hunderd quid.
ChrisW

posted on 16/5/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what MTec sell, but this unit is fully compatable with Megasquirt, meaning it will auto-tune, and therefore save you a fortune in rolling road costs. Also will assist in tuning your MS to give the best power output.

Note to all.... see the edit in the first post about the lambda plug. Now have a supplier!

Chris

MikeRJ

posted on 16/5/08 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
If there's any chance of buying just the PCB, controller and lambda plug I'd be interested? I have pretty much all the rest of the components needed in my stock of bits. If it makes it too complicated then no worries.
ecosse

posted on 16/5/08 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Can you add me to the list please Chris?

Cheers

Alex

David Jenkins

posted on 16/5/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
If there's any chance of buying just the PCB, controller and lambda plug I'd be interested? I have pretty much all the rest of the components needed in my stock of bits. If it makes it too complicated then no worries.

You can get the PCB and programmed controller from the JAW site (you might have to hunt for it on the site). Much cheaper, but you'll probably still have to pay tax and handling charge as the total will be slightly more than the £18 limit (unless you can persuade the supplier to show its value as the dollar equivalent of £17.95p! )

paulf

posted on 16/5/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
M Tech sell the Vems wideband unit.It seems a good controller and is a neat looking gauge but not Locost.This unit does the same job apart from not having a facility for EGT input.I wouldnt buy from M Tech however as there service is a bit erratic in my experience.
The Jaw unit will need a case and the display mounting somehow, I have one and am just working out how to fit it in a decent case.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by fazerruss
erm this looks interesting.ive got a megasquirt myself and im unsure as to if i would need one of these to set it all up. what would be a rough cost for all the bits to have the one like what mtech sell for a couple of hunderd quid.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.