Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For those who missed this at Stafford
Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
surely there is an additional cost of production tooling, jigs etc that would then also have to be recovered which has got to be a gamble with something that, as we have seen here, probably has a very limited market in the first place.

Maybe that's Vindicator's reasoning behind unveiling an unfinished car like that?? Gauging interest and reaction to it??? At the stage its at now i guess they could take some moulds off it before continuing with the build for the owner who's dream it is.

[Edited on 17/9/08 by Paul TigerB6]

Jubal

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve MunsterSorry mate but what realy gets me in hysterics is the 18yr old at the traffic lights in Merry Hill last night in a cream fiesta 1Ltr with no back seats but a great monsterous roll cage - the whole car, inc. wife and 2 daughters were laughing at some wanna be racer in his ikle car - step forward F4 and show the boy what to do!!!!

Hold on, you have just ridiculed someone and their car for the way it looks and your perception of what you see. How is that different from the howls of laughter coming from everyone else about the F4 or whatever it's called? Hypocrite.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
Hold on, you have just ridiculed someone and their car for the way it looks and your perception of what you see. How is that different from the howls of laughter coming from everyone else about the F4 or whatever it's called? Hypocrite.

You do have a very good point there!!

Spyderman

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Like a few others I was there for the unveiling with my two boys.
As already mentioned the commentary was undecipherable, but this was not just limited to the unveiling.

The great unveiling was a mixture of disappointment and amusement.
The disappointment came from the expectation that this was "supposedly" to be an innovative and stunning new vehicle.

The amusement was in the crowd reaction. I have never seen a crowd disperse as rapidly as that. (Maybe the Police could employ this car for crowd control!)
Both my boys said it was ugly and I had to agree. It was far too tall and the rear end too wide. I wonder what kind of seating will be used in it, Bar Stools?
It had the dimensions of a people carrier.

Before I get blasted for daring to dislike this monstrosity I will state that I am not mad keen on Lotus Sevens either. In fact I am not keen on open wheelers at all. (shock, horror)
This does not stop me from appreciating the benefits that these vehicles offer though.
Other than straight line sprints I can't see how the F4 can ever be a performance vehicle. It certainly has the room for a massive V8 mid mounted, but due to such a high body profile it is never going to be a high lateral 'G' handler.

Anyway this isn't meant to be an assassination attempt, just my observations of what I thought a ridiculously over hyped vehicle launch.
If the idea was just to measure the public response then it worked.
Let's just hope they took note don't produce any more.

In fairness I think the concerns expressed about such companies are for their sustained prosperity. I doubt any of us want any company to go bust and so are a little critical as to what we think are sound business adventures. It is for the benefit of all of us to have healthy competition and variety in the Kit Car market.
It is just a shame that everything is so PC these days that you are not allowed to express your criticisms whether good or bad!

Spyderman

gingerprince

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it had a similar reception to this: -

Go Homer

Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/9/08 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Seems like they're breeding!!

linky

[Edited on 17/9/08 by Paul TigerB6]

vindicator

posted on 17/9/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve MunsterSorry mate but what realy gets me in hysterics is the 18yr old at the traffic lights in Merry Hill last night in a cream fiesta 1Ltr with no back seats but a great monsterous roll cage - the whole car, inc. wife and 2 daughters were laughing at some wanna be racer in his ikle car - step forward F4 and show the boy what to do!!!!

I think you will find that this was Steve's opinion on one car that had been transformed from an original manufacture to what the young drive thought would make it go faster (IMHO!!!!).

The original argument was that the F4 was a "disgrace on the kit car industry".

I have a kit car and I belong to the industry, albeit in a small way. But I don't see anyone's design / manufacturing as disturbing or a disgrace. If someone wants to push the boundries then let them, go a head, be my guest.......I did not like the Atom when it first came out and thought it bear without any panelling, but I did not stand up and say that is was an embarrassing car to put to market.

Can we all move on and think up ways to over come the (as someone else wrote!!) window screen (sure JB/Keith or Peter would have thought of this at the begining), window wiper (how about a up and down movement instead of left to right!!, I don't know!!) Lights (any one got any pics of some that would look ok), and last of all a number plate.....

Richard Quinn

posted on 17/9/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, couldn't resist!
[img][/img]

Jubal

posted on 17/9/08 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vindicator
Can we all move on and think up ways to over come the (as someone else wrote!!) window screen (sure JB/Keith or Peter would have thought of this at the begining), window wiper (how about a up and down movement instead of left to right!!, I don't know!!) Lights (any one got any pics of some that would look ok), and last of all a number plate.....

I'd have to care enough to put the thought in. Not gonna happen.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/9/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vindicator

I'd have to care enough to put the thought in. Not gonna happen.

I didnt even know the forum was supposed to now be designing the car for Vindicator myself!! I would really hope they would have spoken to screen suppliers before they started though!!

vindicator

posted on 17/9/08 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry, couldn't resist!
[img][/img]

oh Richard what are we going to do with you.....you have the windows in the back.....the small pointy bit was at the front (sorry!!!)

Richard Quinn

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
My bad!
Steve Munster

posted on 17/9/08 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm sure if John, and all at Vindicator, were to read and see how much has been said about the F4 I'm sure he will be quite pleased that out of all that went on and everything else that has happened or not this last weekend, more has been said about the F4 and Vindicator cars than any other single situation.

I have all along defended Vindicator because of my affiliation to them via a) have known John for many Years and b) the fact that this time next year I and my family will be riding around in our Sprint Family and can see that Vindicator cars can and has done anyhting like this.

Back to the F4, The Windows/wipers are just another part/job on the list to be done and I can tell you that someone somewhere will be able to answer all the questions asked by people on this forum. A lot of the snags that have arisen during the development, many have been sorted within the industry. I applaud the kitcar industry for its knowledge and inginuity.

I am quite sad realy because no one has said anything about my car, it was on the Vindicator stand too, with no bodywork and no seats etc. So if you want to run my car down, feel free, I'd love to have 6 pages or so on this forum!!!!!

Right back to Vindicator - How many kit car companies have 5/6 different cars/van with various guises to go with?

Richard Quinn

posted on 17/9/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately your naked Sprint Family has been somewhat overshadowed on this occasion! There was a nice Ultima there and a very, very nice Cobra if they're your type of thing but even these have had very little mention by comparison!
Richard Quinn

posted on 17/9/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Anyway, I wouldn't worry. Next week we'll all be back on the "Bec v Cec", "Indy handling" and "GTS customer service" topics.
Steve Munster

posted on 17/9/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh! and I still need F-----g seats!

Where can I get Cobra 7 seats cheaper than from cobra? They want £200.00 each!!!!!! Oh and I want Vindicator embroidered in the head panel

RoadkillUK

posted on 19/9/08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry, couldn't resist!
[img][/img]

I saw this once on my way to Blackpool a long time ago

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 4/10/08 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I read the article in the kit car magazine, and it was the creator that approached Vindicator.
Personally, i join the majority on the thread, in that its not for me, but how many of us have had an opportunity to take one of our own designs to a well established kit car firm?

Fair play to the guy that designed it and had the nuts to look for a manufacturer, i say. I hope it does sell, and i dont think it will make any difference to the kit car industry whatsoever,

Trying to still stay on the fence but voice my view, i would say that if it werent for these guys and companies giving them an opportunity to push the boundaries of technology (even aesthetically), then we would all still be driving model T's and living in mud huts.

Evolution is a good thing, and best of luck to the designer and Vindicator with their new partnership. Dont let the negatives drag you down. Listen, Review and improve. - or as Gunny Highway would say - "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome".

Good Luck guys. I think people are entitled to their opinion, but overlook the time, money and effort that someone has put into an attempt to evolve the kit car market, and maybe shouldnt be so cruel in the way things are said. This isnt just a big company were talking about, and no i dont know the designer!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

MakeEverything

posted on 4/10/08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight.....

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.