Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Indy builders in the south east?
donut

posted on 5/9/02 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
Any Indy builders in the south east?

Any Indy builders in the south east? I live just outside South London near Croydon.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 5/9/02 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I live in East London. About 50% thru a 2.0L Zetec build, also trying to fit it with a MT75 g/box.
donut

posted on 5/9/02 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Cool

How long has it taken to get this far? Have you had to do any welding or anything else tricky?

Cheers

Andy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 5/9/02 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Probably at about 80 hours so far not including striping the Sierra donor. No welding required, although MK did knock up some engine mounts for me once I had made a pattern of what I needed. First few stages are just bolting old Sierra bits on so worth getting them cleaned and up to scratch before starting the build.
bob

posted on 5/9/02 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
It seems we indy builders are trying to make a circle round london,i'm in the west near Heathrow.

paulbeyer

posted on 5/9/02 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah,

And I'm just down the road in Bristol.

donut

posted on 6/9/02 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Zetech- What bit's did you take from the Siera and what engine are you using?

I think we ought to start our own club down here in the south.

On another note, how much room is there in the Indy? I'm a bit of a fat git (18st) and am worried that i will be too wide. I have had it on good authority from MK that the cockpit will be wide enough for me. We'll see when i visit the factory!

Heathrow Bob, not far! YAY!

bob

posted on 6/9/02 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Zetech- What bit's did you take from the Siera and what engine are you using?

Andy
I think there might be a clue as to the engine kevin is using in his user name on posts.

I'm 16 stone mate and there is plenty room for me,i reckon a tight fit is better cos you dont rattle around too much.

donut

posted on 6/9/02 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
D'OH! silly me!

I had a friend who built a Tiger 6 about 5 years ago (when i was ALOT lighter!) and i could not fit into the drivers side but just managed to painfully squeeze into the passenger side. DAMN GOOD FUN and you are right about being better not moving about :O)

Just found a company who can supply all recon parts i need when i need them YAY!

Andy

zetec

posted on 6/9/02 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
I stripped a 2ltr DOHC Sierra, G reg. took off brakes (disc front and rear), MT75 g/box, diff (but latter bought a LSD one from breakers for £75), steering rack etc, drive shafts and hubs/uprights. The engine was out of a crashed Mondeo 2.0Ltr and was £400.
donut

posted on 6/9/02 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine had a 2 liter Ztech in his Tiger and it absolutely flew. He also used his laptop to adjust the ECU for track days. I'm going to stick with a 2 litre pinto with twin 45's. As long as i get 100bhp plus i will be happy.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.