Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP! Whats the best 2.0 engine to fit?
Andy D

posted on 6/3/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The proof is in the pudding as they say. Will see what mine makes when its fitted and tweaked.

Obviously the Duratec is the way to go for 200bhp plus, but my 170bhp Pinto had no trouble staying with a pal's Duratec engined Westy at Cadwell. (Standard engine on throttle bodies, Pipercross filter out of the bonnet..)
My son Pete at the wheel of my car HERE Both cars were suffering a few handling problems that day, the black car was understeering, and my car's rear tyres were past their best.
Comparing the straight line performance of the two cars though, the Pinto seems to have the edge..

I suppose what I'm saying is, dont ditch the pinto!

NS Dev

posted on 6/3/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
that westy thread is interesting!! (that sort of thing is what lead me to my first comment, plus driving our race caterham with 220hp duratec worth 7K that really is very little better than my XE truth be told)

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

gazza285

posted on 6/3/09 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Best 2 litre engine? BDG. And turbo 2 litre? BDT. A little bit out of your price range, but at least they are Crossflow based and will spank any BEC out there,

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 7/3/09 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
The best 2.0 litre you will fit is the one you choose.

Are you wanting big budget race spec or bargain basement 150bhp fast road car spec motor?

Im so diplomatic after a few shandies!

Mark Allanson

posted on 7/3/09 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Fit the simplest cheapest thing you can find for IVA, pre 94(?) for emissions, then fit a V16 8 cam 112 valve monster.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

nz_climber

posted on 9/3/09 at 03:33 AM Reply With Quote
I am a bit biased, but my pick would be the toyota beams 3sge comes from the altezza/IS200 210hp standard also comes with 6 speed gearbox.. S2000 engine would also be top of the list, but it sure costs alot!!

http://aarons7.wordpress.com

NS Dev

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
Best 2 litre engine? BDG. And turbo 2 litre? BDT. A little bit out of your price range, but at least they are Crossflow based and will spank any BEC out there,

very good point!

Deep pockets needed though!!

Will never forget being taken for my first ever ride in a "seven", powered by a 2.1 BDG that revved to 10,000 with 295hp

......and people get a bit excited by a bike engine

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

coozer

posted on 12/3/09 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Right them, turbo 2L zetec out of a Focus RST. All the hard bits, sump, flywheel management etc are done already on thousands of zetec posts.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

focijohn

posted on 12/3/09 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec

A guy at my work as fitted a duratec 2.3 (new) into his 7. Fast road cams Jenvy throttle bodies and Omex 600. Over 200 bhp. Very nice....Its just seized and upon further investigation its a "common" fault with these engines and looks to be a very expensive rebuild.....

just thought id share.

John

P.S. the above is only what i have been told.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

flak monkey

posted on 13/3/09 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
I would hazard a guess that the big end bearings have let go...

There were also some instances of people using the wrong oil in them which can cause issues.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

focijohn

posted on 13/3/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
No oil pressure causing them to then fubar eachother. I think he was using 5/30 FS but only at a guess.

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=107224

the thread from a few weeks ago.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.