Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa power loss.
Custardpants

posted on 1/3/13 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bob, did you have any luck with this? Mine's literally just started to do it, occassionally exactly as you describe. Battery terminal was slightly loose but that didn't fix it. currently looking at a check of all wiring, fuel lines, and a change of plugs and fuel filter. I am pretty gutted as I'm booked into donington on sunday, so I HAVE to fix it tomorrow, argh!!
bobinspain

posted on 4/3/13 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants
Bob, did you have any luck with this? Mine's literally just started to do it, occassionally exactly as you describe. Battery terminal was slightly loose but that didn't fix it. currently looking at a check of all wiring, fuel lines, and a change of plugs and fuel filter. I am pretty gutted as I'm booked into donington on sunday, so I HAVE to fix it tomorrow, argh!!

Still got the problem. Cosmick thinks fuel. It´s so frustrating, and my ´tame spark´ has moved to Africa. I´m snookered, (the car and engine have done 850 miles in total from new !!)

BobM

posted on 5/3/13 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like either fuel or dodgy Power Commander. Easy test for PC is try running with it disconnected. I had one fail with similar symptoms.

Not very Locost but very BEC

Chet

posted on 5/3/13 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Power commander's and / or their connections do go bad occasionally. That is why some of us now reprogram the stock ecu instead.
Suggest you take the power commander off temporarily to see if the problem goes away.

Was your engine number part of the Suzuki regulator recall?

Chet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Custardpants

posted on 7/3/13 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
I just fixed mine at 6pm the night before my donington track day. I changed the following in order first before finding the real problem, but it made sense to do these first as a process of elimination

Plugs
Fuel filter (factory car has a corsa filter - I can always get you one bob if you struggle to find one in Spain, my motor factors down the road stock them)
Drain tank and remove fuel pump, clean mesh(full of welding swarf which hadn't been flushed out during the initial sloppy tank build)
Battery terminal clean / charge

Then when I came to turn the car on it was dead. Kill switch connections were fine so I suspected dodgy ingnition key holder. Removed this via hot wiring, but found issue to still be there. With the ignition on, Massaging the wiring loom behind the dashboard then produced intermittent cut outs which had been causing my apparent missfire, in fact a combination of acceleration G and vibration had been adversely manipulating poor connector joins in the wiring loom behind the dash. Due to the number of wires it was difficult to find, but re mounting the loom and tweaking the connectors did the trick. All in all very happy to fix it.

bobinspain

posted on 8/10/13 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Just to finish off this thread.
There's only one (in tank) fuel filter in my car, I checked with Danny.
Took it to a local Suzuki car garage and they checked the filter to find it clogged with ally swarf. Plug check revealed the gap was a tad excessive. Now corrected. Simples!
Car now pulls like a train at all revs and in all gears.
125€ well spent.
Many thanks for inputs.

[Edited on 8/10/13 by bobinspain]

Davegtst

posted on 8/10/13 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Blimey it's taken all this time and all along it was a manufacturing fault! Glad it's now sorted.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.