Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiat Uno Brak Bias Valve Thingy
craig1410

posted on 14/4/04 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, that's the fellow...

You'll notice that if you pull the plunger (no the one on the bias valve... ) then it will move outward. I "believe" that this is what happens when brake pressure is applied and you need to resist this movement by way of the adjuster bolt to increase pressure to the back brakes. If you allow the plunger to move unchecked then you will get minimum pressure to the rear brakes. I'd expect that if you completely stop the plunger moving then you will get 100% of available pressure to the rear.

It's quite a neat little device isn't it?

Cheers,
Craig.

James

posted on 15/4/04 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410

It's quite a neat little device isn't it?

Cheers,
Craig.

Yeah, well done the Conrod for AFAIK giving me/Bob and a few others the heads up with this one.

Pity I didn't read this thread earlier today though- I've just mounted my valve (about 2 hours ago) and made the m/c to valve brake pipe and I've plumbed it to the 'out' hole! $%^&£, %^&*"$ and £$^%!!!

James

[Edited on 16/4/04 by James]

tractorboy

posted on 16/4/04 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
instead of welding and / or fitting a roll pin you could always drill the head and a hole in the bracket prior to fitting and use locking wire. just a thought.
craig1410

posted on 17/4/04 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I don't think that will do for SVA as they require it to be "permanently" locked and locking wire doesn't qualify as permanent. I know, neither does welding or using a rollpin but these are explicitly permitted in the SVA manual... Go figure!
Cheers,
Craig.

Peteff

posted on 17/4/04 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the mechanism only had to be locked if it was operable from the drivers position. When did the rule change?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

craig1410

posted on 17/4/04 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Pete,
I think that unless it is locked then the SVA tester will adjust it to the "worst case" with the maximum rear bias and then test it. So you will then probably fail for having too much rear bias.

I don't know when/if this changed.
Cheers,
Craig.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.