Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost fire Extinguisher
turbodisplay

posted on 8/11/08 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Locost fire Extinguisher

After running the engine with a oil pipe touching the exhaust, i have decided to fit a fire extinguisher systen. I have found a locost option, just look in my photos fire, fire1.
Fire extinguisher from wicks £10, pull cable £10, + fitings, 6mm pipework should come to £40.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 8/11/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
where does the pipe go? i'd worry the pipe would get blocked up?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ernie

posted on 8/11/08 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Have you seen the mess powder ext. makes? you might be better off with the lifeline unit i and most locost racers use see rally design site
JoaoCaldeira

posted on 8/11/08 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think that is a good idea. You'll have to be pushing the cable to the extingisher work. On a "proper" system you pull it once and it stays open, so you can get away...

Check our group by here

Cheers,
Joao

Russ-Turner

posted on 8/11/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
There is a good chance that the one you want can only be operated in an upright position too. Not good.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 8/11/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
I can vouch for the fact those powder units only work properly upright lol.
turbodisplay

posted on 9/11/08 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Good point R.e. it being momentary, for me i thing it is desirable as you only spray enough to put the fire out, leaving tidy up reduced.
I plan a 2kg dry powder at the front, 1kg for the rear and trans tunnel.
The reason for having a plumbed system, is to operate whilst i am moving, i`m still going to have a 1kg powder in the cockpit anyway.

Re pipe i would use 6mm nylon to allow for flex, then use 6mm coper pipe for heat protection.
I Will mount them upright anyway.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.