New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Be carefull on your trackday
oldtimer

posted on 10/1/10 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I always felt sorry for the driver here, at about 2:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0-zkEyHIE

adithorp

posted on 10/1/10 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
On all ,but one, track days I've done the rules have been...
Overtaking only... by permission of the driver being overtaken... on the strights... on the left.

On the only day where those rules weren't in force (charity day at RAF valley this year) and we were told we could over take either side and on the outside in bends, the drivers followed the standard rules anyway!

That driver would have been black flagged after his first lap in the UK. So, unless you intend to drive like a k**b, don't let it put you off doing a track day.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

zilspeed

posted on 10/1/10 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

There are lots of bad ones there, but from 2.25 onwards as you say where the Lotus is sitting and then gets whacked by the BMW M Coupe and totalled, that's pretty tragic.
So tragic, I had to steal the video and re edit it....
Death Of A Lotus

I wouldnt be responsible for my actions towards the BMW driver. I know it goes with the territory on trackdays, but there you go.
Coincidentally, this is almost exactly what happened to my first Sylva, only difference was it happened on a straight (just after the startline at Knockhill.)
TVR Tuscan speared off the track right up the Sylva's chuff and the car was completely bent beyond all repair.

morcus

posted on 10/1/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
If someone did smash your car up, they would legally have to pay for repairs/replacement right?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

iank

posted on 10/1/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
If someone did smash your car up, they would legally have to pay for repairs/replacement right?

Only if they did it negligently or deliberately AFAIK (not a lawyer).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

iank

posted on 10/1/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

There are lots of bad ones there, but from 2.25 onwards as you say where the Lotus is sitting and then gets whacked by the BMW M Coupe and totalled, that's pretty tragic.
So tragic, I had to steal the video and re edit it....
Death Of A Lotus

I wouldnt be responsible for my actions towards the BMW driver. I know it goes with the territory on trackdays, but there you go.

Had the lotus dropped some oil on the track? BMW seems to lose it in a much bigger way than you'd expect.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

zilspeed

posted on 10/1/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Had the lotus dropped some oil on the track? BMW seems to lose it in a much bigger way than you'd expect.

It's perfectly possible, it's also possible that the Lotus went off on earlier oil and the BMW just followed him off. Who can say.
I don't imagine anyone felt particularly good after that day.

karlak

posted on 10/1/10 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:

It's perfectly possible, it's also possible that the Lotus went off on earlier oil and the BMW just followed him off. Who can say.
I don't imagine anyone felt particularly good after that day.

If I was the Lotus driver, I would have been straight out to by a lottery ticket - How close was he to being taken out.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

RK

posted on 10/1/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
He needs to go back to "Ecole du pilotage".
jeffw

posted on 10/1/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Normally on a trackday ....no. There is no 3rd party liability and you will sign a disclaimer to that effect. If your car is totaled by someone else then it is tough, unless you can prove negligence (Organiser, circuit or other driver) in some way in a court, which will be a big ask.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.