Board logo

New Owner, need some stuff.
55ant - 12/8/09 at 10:30 AM

hi guys, i will put a longer post up later about the car but can anyone suggest a tonneou cover and any way of keeping the indy safe, ie' handbrake lock etc,

cheers all! on a bit of a budget after buying car!

Mr Whippy - 12/8/09 at 10:33 AM

buy a big bike chain and put it through the wheel spokes and round the front suspension. Will put off just about everyone and they only cost £60-£80. I did this for 4 years with the Falcon as the doors didn't even lock and still have it

[Edited on 12/8/09 by Mr Whippy]

200mph - 12/8/09 at 10:36 AM

Rottweiler?

Guinness - 12/8/09 at 10:42 AM

Hi

I used a bike D-lock through the front wheel / wishbones as Mr Whippy. It's nice and visual and pretty good at stopping the car being pushed away.

As for a Tonneau, Keith has just had one made up by a company round the corner from me, Northumbria Leather, but unless you are willing to travel, that's of little use to you!

I'm a cheapskate, so 1 umbrella + 1 tarp =

Locost Cover
Locost Cover

David had found a nice little cover that packed up small in this thread...

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=118880

Mike

eznfrank - 12/8/09 at 10:46 AM

See THIS post by me, made for me by Milson off Fleabay and also a member on here. V.good quality and perfect fit!

02GF74 - 12/8/09 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
. I did this for 4 years with the Falcon as the doors didn't even lock and still have it

Yeah but yours is a Falcon man, you'd need to be high on crack to even contemplate stealing it.

richardlee237 - 12/8/09 at 11:12 AM

I can send the boys round to look after it for a small fee.

Description
Description

gavin174 - 12/8/09 at 11:55 AM

I have just had a rear tonneau made by

Hood County Customs in hockley essex

done a really good job and a good price too...