Board logo

SKCC run to Lands End
Mark Allanson - 10/9/11 at 04:36 PM

After this thread, it actually happened, a really good day, especially for me as I only had to drive 9 miles We did the Lands End to St Ives road which is one of the best in the country. I also f took a few pickies

It's a sign!
It's a sign!

Looking out to sea
Looking out to sea

Cliff edge
Cliff edge

Fury at Lands End
Fury at Lands End

MK at Lands End
MK at Lands End

Tiger at Lands End
Tiger at Lands End

Tiger #2 at Lands end
Tiger #2 at Lands end

Breakfast
Breakfast

westf27 - 10/9/11 at 05:06 PM

was the breakfast that bad you had to wear hazard tops

greenwood03 - 10/9/11 at 07:28 PM

Mark, nice to meet you.......good blat after brekkie - and yes that brekkie was carp, but hey ho.
Think Neil will have covered the best part of 750 miles by the time he gets home, my total was about 650/660.

'Hazard top' - not at all - they carry the club motto - 'fun isn't a straight line'.......but those today were a limited edition - only for those that did the full trip.

Barmy? well a bit, it was a challenge that just had to be done......havent ever covered more than 350 miles or so in a day in the Tiger, Triton seats 'au natural' - with no padding, perfect, spent about 12 hrs sitting in that today and not an ache 9 so far).

weather could have been kinder - was a bit misty , damp and a bit of rain on teh way down and a short rain storm exfoliated my forehead on teh way back - but in the main after brekkie it was sunny and warm. Have never visited Cornwall and driving that coast road was superb.