Board logo

Weight of this MNR Vortx?
carpy - 12/6/08 at 09:38 AM

Does anyone know roughly what this car below would weigh? I've been told the MNR cars can be quite heavy but this car really looks good & I like the fact that the chassis is a newer tubular design etc.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/559389.htm

Agriv8 - 12/6/08 at 10:08 AM

Some MNR's are heavy ( mine has a V8 in ) but I have enough tourq fo rthis not to be too much of an issue

I would say that I would expect them to be no heavier that the other 7 clones ( lighter probably ) there is a lot more triangulation in an MNR just in case :: this also creates a very stiff chassis for the track and road

Id hazard a guess around 400 - 500k's but depends on the parts used.

regards

Agrin8

richardh - 12/6/08 at 10:17 AM

Hi,
i ahve a very similar one MNR R1 paddle shift etc but i have a quaife reverse and my gross weight wet (no driver) was 461kgs
does this help?

welderman - 12/6/08 at 10:20 AM

I think the seats and a few other bits and bobs of this car would push it up to around 470 kilos.

Mind you it says in the advert it's been built with lightweight round tube, so if it really has been built with T45 then it could be a bit lighter and I know this is something that Marc offers, but then it's whether he's telling the truth about the lightweight tubes...

Guinness - 12/6/08 at 10:21 AM

Ask Rob Ryan, he's the owner, and still posts on here.

Send him a u2u and he should be able to tell you the weight at SVA.

HTH

Mike

smart51 - 12/6/08 at 10:34 AM

I have an RT (sierra front hubs and brakes) with an R1 engine, LSD, padded seats and bootbox. It was weighed at 530kg on a weighbridge. If you but the light weight options, you can get them under 400kg but I didn't.

worX - 12/6/08 at 10:34 AM

I think the SVA weight check is way off!

I've seen under-readings and over-readings so it's not a good indication.

Getting the car cornerweighted with a full tank and setup professionally is the only way to know for sure.

Obviously that costs money but it's SO worth it in the way the car performs.

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Ask Rob Ryan, he's the owner, and still posts on here.

Send him a u2u and he should be able to tell you the weight at SVA.

HTH

Mike

TimC - 12/6/08 at 11:16 AM

The ex-MNR demo car (the orange one in Marc N's avatar) was corner weighted with a full cage with 80% fuel at 486kgs last week. That car has the reverse box, full Raceleda set-up, push in shafts and very thick gel coat. Would guess at 460-470ish.

sucksqueezebangblow - 12/6/08 at 11:58 AM

I'm building a full cage T45 RTR with a 'Busa engine, Muffett diff (no additional reverse box) and full Raceleda, and guesstimate it is likely to come in at between 420Kg and 440Kg

procomp - 12/6/08 at 12:13 PM

Hi there was a discusion some time ago about the weight of the MNR's. HERE

Cheers Matt

Agriv8 - 12/6/08 at 04:30 PM

Chassis has been developed since then

Regards

Agriv8

Robert Ryan - 12/6/08 at 08:15 PM

It was 4.42 at SVA. (No reverse box).
I have changed steering wheel the heavey weight can, indicators and mirrors to a light weight carbon race can and carbon indicators and mirrors.
The seats I had made which are realy light. Rescued attachment fore sale 019.jpg
Rescued attachment fore sale 019.jpg

Hellfire - 13/6/08 at 11:27 AM

IIRC, unless you specifically ask the SVA inspector to weigh your vehicle, they will only weigh the front and rear axles individually, both with and without driver. These weights added together cannot be taken as the true weight of the vehicle.

For example;

Our individual axle weights at SVA were 194kg & 220kg (without driver) giving a combined total of 414kg. The vehicles true weight however was 504kg.

Phil