Board logo

How was Bovington?
asl - 9/6/09 at 06:40 PM

Hi. From what I understand from another chat site having a demanding wife has finally paid off!!

Due to the other half I missed Bovington and it was proably a good thing as some track gurus found it quite challenging so a numpy novice like me would have really struggled!

I have copied this off another site, I hope that is allowed??

They spoke about it as being a bit like a mini-Nurburgring & I think that was a fair assessment except there are a couple of areas on the Nurburgring you have a little run off & the the Nurburgring is designed to minimise the effect of an off. Everybody was told to drive it like a B road.

Whilst not amusing for the person concerned, I approached one of the chicanes with them waving yellows, came round the corner & there was Caterham thingy up in the trees. I kid you not, all four wheels off the ground & it perched a couple of feet up in the air. All were ok & I don't think it was too badly damaged!

Hope the car in question was not one of us guys??? Any thoughts, stories or pics from locosters on the day?

Cheers all!!

[Edited on 9/6/09 by asl]

Guinness - 9/6/09 at 06:47 PM

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=115088

aka Keith - 9/6/09 at 07:19 PM

Nathan,

I have to say I have never driven anything like it. It was all up an down, with no real flats at all - so so completely unlike an airfield day as can be. More like a large rollercoaster drive.

Personally, I would do it again, maybe a little slower, but for charity I would be on the list again tomorrow in a flash.

[Edited on 9/6/09 by aka Keith]

DM - 10/6/09 at 07:48 AM

gutted I missed this but at least my car is still the same shape that it used to be