Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Complaint!
MakeEverything

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Our neigbours sven doors down, used to have a Caravan on their drive, which is right outside our house, next to my drive. No problem, it blocks the light a bit, and doesnt look particularly nice, but i dont stand there staring out of the window (yet).

Anyway, theres a 6' piece of land in front of their drive that belongs to us. So, i used to park on it. The caravan never moved, and when they did want to move it, i moved my car. So, one day, he started parking his car in front of the caravan, so i knocked on the door, and asked him if he could move his car, so that i could park mine.
The conversation lead to getting the title plans out, and showing him that the plot he was parked on, was out property.

Anyway, i didnt think anything else of it, until one saturday i was out cleaning the bike, when him and his missus came over all angry, and asked if id done anything about our conversation two days previous. I politely explained that no i hadnt, as i had been at work, and today was saturday!

They thrust this paperwork in front of me, and got all shitty about access rights etc, so i said ok, ill look into it on Monday.

Long story short (ish), they were right in that we had to provide them with access, with reasonable notice but the way that they approached it was aggressive and offensive. So, because their caravan was overhanging their drive and encroaching onto ours, we instructed our solicitor to kindly ask them "to resolve this issue" which lead to them removing their caravan to a storage ground.

The moral is, if they had approached it sensibly, then they wouldnt be stuck with a £300 a year pitch fee to store their caravan.

We havent spoken since, which is fine by me, but they do stare a lot!! - Hey ho. Theyre known in our house as "The Weirdo's".

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

C10CoryM

posted on 2/6/09 at 01:23 AM Reply With Quote
My landlord grumbles about how loud my neighbors V8 Lotus Esprit is.
I just sort of laugh to myself and think of my last Camaro. It used to make house windows 50ft away pulse in time with the engines idle
Cheers.

Edit: Actually found an old (and lousy) audio clip of the thing idling.
http://www.geocities.com/chevroletc1070/idle.html

[Edited on 2/6/09 by C10CoryM]

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a councillor 3 doors away... loves my car AND stihl saw.

Was revving the knackers off the stihl last night two fingers to the nosey neighbour... bah humbug

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

RK

posted on 2/6/09 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Henderson is right. Talking to her would probably go a long way.

Unfortunately, last week I didn't follow that advice when I yelled down the road "Not everyone likes ACDC as much as you!" to the guy blaring it out for the third full day in a row - all new stuff - not the good old Bon Scott stuff. I was chastised by the neighbours across the street, who agreed with his choices, as well as by the missus, who said I was rude. I dunno, is that rude?

MakeEverything

posted on 2/6/09 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Mr Henderson is right. Talking to her would probably go a long way.

Unfortunately, last week I didn't follow that advice when I yelled down the road "Not everyone likes ACDC as much as you!" to the guy blaring it out for the third full day in a row - all new stuff - not the good old Bon Scott stuff. I was chastised by the neighbours across the street, who agreed with his choices, as well as by the missus, who said I was rude. I dunno, is that rude?

Ummm, it probably didnt help!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Ninehigh

posted on 8/6/09 at 03:59 AM Reply With Quote
The noise limits apply between 8pm and 8am, I recieved a few talkings-to off the council over this one when I was taxi-ing. Thing is if the car and exhaust are legal can they do anything...

As for being able to hear your car from next door I can hear my neighbour shut his car door, maybe you could point that out next time...

MakeEverything

posted on 8/6/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sit outside the house revving the engine, then when theyre looking out, give them a big smile and leave a big fat number 11 on the road in front of their house!!

I thought of doing that to the weirdo's in my road...... hmmmmm....... brb.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Ninehigh

posted on 8/6/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
When we had problems with our wierdos next door swmbo threatened them to swap with one of her friends at work and they'll be begging for us to come back. Some people are much worse than a bit of engine noise!

nstrug

posted on 12/6/09 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, my neighbours' cars include a Tuscan S, a TVR 400SE, a seriously loud RX-7 Turbo, and to cap it all a Ferrari 575 Maranello - there's quite a lot of noise on a Sunday morning, especially when it's Goodwood Breakfast Club!

The worst however is a chap with an absolutely hideous Harley, complete with ludicrous tassled panniers. He drops it on a regular basis too, and lies wailing in the street until someone calls an ambulance...

Nick

MakeEverything

posted on 13/6/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nstrug
He drops it on a regular basis too
Nick

Lol, sounds like me when i dropped my TL 25m from the house!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.