Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How was Bovington?
asl

posted on 9/6/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
How was Bovington?

Hi. From what I understand from another chat site having a demanding wife has finally paid off!!

Due to the other half I missed Bovington and it was proably a good thing as some track gurus found it quite challenging so a numpy novice like me would have really struggled!

I have copied this off another site, I hope that is allowed??

They spoke about it as being a bit like a mini-Nurburgring & I think that was a fair assessment except there are a couple of areas on the Nurburgring you have a little run off & the the Nurburgring is designed to minimise the effect of an off. Everybody was told to drive it like a B road.

Whilst not amusing for the person concerned, I approached one of the chicanes with them waving yellows, came round the corner & there was Caterham thingy up in the trees. I kid you not, all four wheels off the ground & it perched a couple of feet up in the air. All were ok & I don't think it was too badly damaged!

Hope the car in question was not one of us guys??? Any thoughts, stories or pics from locosters on the day?

Cheers all!!

[Edited on 9/6/09 by asl]

Guinness

posted on 9/6/09 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=115088

aka Keith

posted on 9/6/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nathan,

I have to say I have never driven anything like it. It was all up an down, with no real flats at all - so so completely unlike an airfield day as can be. More like a large rollercoaster drive.

Personally, I would do it again, maybe a little slower, but for charity I would be on the list again tomorrow in a flash.

[Edited on 9/6/09 by aka Keith]

DM

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
gutted I missed this but at least my car is still the same shape that it used to be

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.