Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Blocked for sale adverts
Rob Lane

posted on 28/7/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Oh come on, a reward for contributors that just happens to blackmail other users to pay to view!
Pull the other one.

Even Blatchat and Westfield forums which are subscription based do not restrict their for sale posts, with the posters option to include a phone number for none members.
It's in the 'sellers' interest that he is given a wider market, not a restricted one.

I've never seen a poster removed before but I request I be removed from the list.
For me the forum is in a state of degeneration to a pay per view.

What started as a free forum is slowly becoming choked, with begging pleas.

Maybe time to ressurect Yahoo Locost again although it's not a forum as such with catagories.

ChrisW

posted on 28/7/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Very sorry you feel that way, Rob. However, unfortunately, Fozzie and I do not agree and therefore the site will be staying the way it is.

You, and everyone else, are of course more than welcome to continue using the site without making a contribution to it's running costs if you feel you do not get a fiver's worth of value from it. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

On a slightly side note, when the restrictions on 'for sale' were introduce I also reduced the number of occurances of the 'nag screen' for non-contributors from 10:1 to 20:1, yet I notice nobody has commented about that.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 31/7/09 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Just one small point from me (may have allready been mentioned , but I've been away in the sun for the last two weeks ) ...... but ........ how much do ebay charge buyers just to browse the listings ?
Nothing .
But the sellers have to pay a fee , as it's them making the money .

I'd happily contribute but for one small thing - I like `posting freak` under my user name

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Steve G

posted on 31/7/09 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Its unbelievable that so many people seemingly think they have a right to this site being totally free to use every part of it. For gods sake its only the "For Sale" section thats restricted for a 48 hours.

So for those who are whinging about a one off payment of £5, do you think its fair that ChrisW should have to foot the bill for you to use this site?? So there's some revenue brought in from advertising (which is pretty unobtrusive) but its not covering all the bills. Frankly i think those who start making threats to leave should just bugger off and do so - i doubt you'd be missed!!!

Edit - i'll be setting up a Paypal account as soon as i finish changing my bank so will be contributing myself then - and not because want to buy anything!!

[Edited on 31/7/09 by Steve G]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.