Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Woohoooo!!!! FREEEEE!!!
02GF74

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Woohoooo!!!! FREEEEE!!!

common sense prevails

quote:
Lord Judge said: "This trial had nothing to do with the right of the householder to defend themselves or their families or their homes.

"The burglary was over and the burglars had gone. No one was in any further danger from them."

bollokcs has it; it is meteing out punishment to the guilty scim lowlife, something the courts are no longer capable of.

snakebelly

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
biggest mistake they made was letting "it" live, should have finished him off and chucked a carving knife in his hand and claimed self defence still

"This trial had nothing to do with the right of the householder to defend themselves or their families or their homes.

"The burglary was over and the burglars had gone. No one was in any further danger from them."

and how would you know they wouldnt be back to exact revenge?

[Edited on 20/1/10 by snakebelly]

eddie99

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with this statement:

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson said people who put themselves in danger to tackle criminals should be celebrated as "heroes".

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
cd.thomson

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
i agree with the above

however,

they hit his head so hard that the bat shattered in to three pieces! I can see where the argument of excessive force came from!

[Edited on 20/1/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

02GF74

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
^^^ nonsense, cheap pooor quality bat.

depsite the brian damage, the scum has since re-offended - unless I misheard the news.

locostbuyer83

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
its a joke, we should be able to defend our property. In the USA he probably would have been shot. If someone brakes into your property and threatens you / steals your stuff why can't u take action?
whats the alternative, ask for a photo of the goods they steal to claim it back on the insurance?
bloody joke.

andyharding

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
The law allows reasonable force to be used to defend yourself, your family and your belongings.

In this case, the robbers were chased off and then a brutal assault followed in an act of revenge. This was not reasonable force and I believe he should not have been released.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

l0rd

posted on 20/1/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
No, you can always ask them out to treat them with a cup of coffee since htey help you out redecorating your home.
scootz

posted on 20/1/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm trying to put myself in the position of the 'cricketer' and think what I would have done... I've just caught someone who only moments ago had my wife and kids at knifepoint and tied them up... I have a cricket bat and someone else with me... I am in control of the situation... my family is now safe...

Chummy would most certainly get a hard time and be glad when the police arrived, but I certainly wouldn't repeatedly hit his head until the bat broke!

Had it been a struggle at the start when the knives were produced and I had a cricket bat, then heads would have been cracked as many times as was necessary!

Probably the right course of action and outcome for me... convict and jail so that the law has been seen to be done, then release on appeal due to the 'emotional' aspect..

It's Evolution Baby!

Breaker

posted on 20/1/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Chummy would most certainly get a hard time and be glad when the police arrived, but I certainly wouldn't repeatedly hit his head until the bat broke!

No, I wouldn't have hit him so badly if he only stole some stuff

But if he had threatened my family and tied them up , I would have smashed his kneecaps so he could spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

speedyxjs

posted on 20/1/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
they hit his head so hard that the bat shattered in to three pieces! I can see where the argument of excessive force came from!

Well wouldnt you do the same?

Its not like you would stop to think 'il make sure i just tap him on the head as a warning'!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

UncleFista

posted on 20/1/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
They weren't at home, they'd chased the burglar down the street a fair way so the family wasn't in any danger. Then brayed him over the head repeatedly with a cricket bat with enough force to break the bat and cause brain damage.

They outnumbered the burglar, there was no need to cause him permanent damage.

I reckon he should still be locked up....

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

JoelP

posted on 20/1/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
its certainly a good example of excessive force! Obviously if he has reoffended then they didnt learn him well enough, so i think it fair to release him on that basis alone.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

turboben

posted on 20/1/10 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think you should be able to defend yourself and your property but you can understand the gov wanting to prevent it - you could entice someone to trespass just so you could "off" them!
oldtimer

posted on 20/1/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hum. I certainly agree that if the head damage had been done whilst he had the knife to a throat there would be little or no discussion. But that was not the case and although I recognise the feeling of anger - it was that that drove them not self defense. Probably felt great relief/satisfaction at the time.....(not condoning etc)
James

posted on 20/1/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
The bat broken was too much???

F'ck that sh!t!

I'd have tied them to a chair and taken a spade drill bit to their knees!

A 10mm bit would just fit perfectly through and out the other side.

Good on the court of appeal!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Rek

posted on 20/1/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
The whole system is biased towards the professional offender who knows how to play the system. The average law abiding Joe doesnt stand a chance. for an example see the recent warning Myleene Class (might not have spelled the name right!) got for being inside her house and shouting that she had a knife.....

"Hertfordshire police warned her she should not have used a knife to scare off the youths because carrying an "offensive weapon", even in her own home, was illegal"

[Edited on 20/1/10 by Rek]

[Edited on 20/1/10 by Rek]

norfolkluego

posted on 20/1/10 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
He shouldn't have broken a cricket bat over his head.

A piece of 4 by 2 would have worked just as well and the cricket bat would have been unharmed.

karlak

posted on 20/1/10 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
i agree with the above

however,

[Edited on 20/1/10 by cd.thomson]

Should have used a stronger bat then......

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Ninehigh

posted on 20/1/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rek
"Hertfordshire police warned her she should not have used a knife to scare off the youths because carrying an "offensive weapon", even in her own home, was illegal"

So what am I supposed to cut the carrots with?

Define "reasonable"
I define it as "a bit more force than they could muster" so seeing as they could have killed my family I should be allowed to make sure they constantly live in fear that one day they might see me again.

Personally I don't care if they're running away they shouldn't be breaking in in the first place. Then again "red mist" would be an understatement here and I'm not sure if I'd have stopped with breaking the bat...

Simon

posted on 20/1/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Er, brain damaged the burglar!

I'd suggest he was already brain damaged. As a taxpayer I expect these peple to be locked up for life. But then, as a taxpayer I don't see why I should go to the expense of keeping a scumbag in reasonable comfort while I work my butt off trying to provide a decent standard of living for me and the family. Therefore the burglar should be hung as a matter of course.

As for the "cricketer", the only thing he did wrong was not take the burglar back to his property and smash his head in.

Come the revolution.........

ATB

Simon

02GF74

posted on 20/1/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
reasonable or unreasonable, who gives a f****

someone breaks into your hose, threatens your family forfeits the right to life.

if the law was on the law abiding citizen's side, then this would act as deterent and would save tax payers money regarding prisons, courts and compensation for the criminals.

downside is this will lead to "arms race" when the criminals will themselves be more violent to counteract the voilence.

bloke desrves a medal not prison.

bi22le

posted on 20/1/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I think he showed good reserve to not keep battering, kicking or stabbing with the blunt end.
I think this should be publicised as a point to the criminals. If your breaking and entering, and you get caught not by the police, your unlucky so dont do it! The police will not be on your side.

Nice to know if some one breaks into my house I can stop them with the three cell magnalite I have by the bed, That thing is heavy and wont break!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Mansfield

posted on 20/1/10 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
reasonable or unreasonable, who gives a f****

someone breaks into your hose, threatens your family forfeits the right to life.

if the law was on the law abiding citizen's side, then this would act as deterent and would save tax payers money regarding prisons, courts and compensation for the criminals.

downside is this will lead to "arms race" when the criminals will themselves be more violent to counteract the voilence.

bloke desrves a medal not prison.

Have to say I agree with every word of the above.

After reading this:

Daily Mail report

He has a shocking list (1990 especially) of convictions and pathetic punishments, and what about all the offences commited that he has not been caught/convicted for? Surely by now he has forefitted his right to freedom? The next family he does this to will wish he got more than a 2 year supervision order for aggravated assault.

Whatever the rights and wrong of Mr Hussain's actions (and personally I support him), the burglar is beyond reform and something needs to be done to stop him doing it again.

[Edited on 20/1/10 by Mansfield]

Andi

posted on 20/1/10 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Its all about the very very grey area of "reasonable force"
In a nutshell, reasonable force is to use a lesser force than the perpetrator if you are being attacked.
If they are scarpering then your too late.
However clubbing them if they were coming at you with a knife should be ok (but its very grey so dont take anyones word for it)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.