New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Busted - 41 in a 30
Ben_Copeland

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Ah ok. Still wouldn't bother with them tho. People will just think your some spotty boy racer who's stuck blue lights on his dads car. Plus I bet if the police saw that chap using static blue lights to get people the move over in traffic he'd still get booked.

Not sure how you can 'make' people move over. People moving over because of their own ignorance of the law then its their own fault IMO!

Tailgating with idiotic blue lights stuck to their front grill..... And notice i mention in traffic when all lanes are busy.

Being forced over thinking they are letting a police car through. As people tend to be shocked and swerve between other cars.

Far more dangerous than a few idiots just staying in the outside lane too long.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

loggyboy

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Like I say, its not the persons with the lights fault if people are stupid enough to think they are the police.

Fair enough if they are tailgaiting or driving aggresively, but thats ilegal without the lights being added.

speedyxjs

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Didnt think they was such a thing as LEGAL blue lights, if a copper see's them.... Impersonating a police officer?

Only flashing blue lights are illegal. You can display any colour you like (except red) to the front of a car, (as long as the normal (side, head, main) lights are regular white/yellow colours.

[Edited on 8/4/11 by loggyboy]

I got pulled a few years back for having green lights in the grill of my fiesta as i was given them for christmas and assumed they were legal. According to the policemad, you can have any colour other than blue (police and ambulance), Green (Doctor) and red (fire engine?).

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Ninehigh

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit odd that you can do a course to be aware that you're speeding a little bit, but it's not an option if you speed a lot? Surely it should apply to those with a clean licence (anyone already carrying a SPxx code is already aware of speed limits!)

coyoteboy

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Only flashing blue lights are illegal. You can display any colour you like (except red) to the front of a car, (as long as the normal (side, head, main) lights are regular white/yellow colours.

As someone who's been given an FPN for incorrect lighting, I can assure you (having requested the actual legislation) that ANY light facing forward from your car must be either white or yellow, or an indicator. I tried to find loopholes for a week including enlisting the help of a police friend.

People try to get away with claiming it's an optional light, but optional lights have to conform to the same standards as obligatory ones.

Personally hate all the stupid wagon drivers who seem to tthink it's a competition to get the most colours possible on their wagon.

[Edited on 12/4/11 by coyoteboy]

stevebubs

posted on 12/4/11 at 03:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit odd that you can do a course to be aware that you're speeding a little bit, but it's not an option if you speed a lot? Surely it should apply to those with a clean licence (anyone already carrying a SPxx code is already aware of speed limits!)

There are other courses you can be sent on for more major infractions...but they'll be in addition to the fine/points rather than instead of...

stevebubs

posted on 12/4/11 at 03:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:
quote:
Didnt think they was such a thing as LEGAL blue lights, if a copper see's them.... Impersonating a police officer?

[Edited on 8/4/11 by loggyboy]

I got pulled a few years back for having green lights in the grill of my fiesta as i was given them for christmas and assumed they were legal. According to the policemad, you can have any colour other than blue (police and ambulance), Green (Doctor) and red (fire engine?).

blue - emergency
green - medical
red - you're driving backwards...

Ben_Copeland

posted on 12/4/11 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
Thought so.... So why are lorry drivers immune from prosecution ?

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

coyoteboy

posted on 12/4/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Too many of them for the police to be bothered pulling? Only reasoning I could find.
A1

posted on 12/4/11 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
unfortunately, you were driving a car that these chaps like to make an example of. Its a shame that its got that petty.
dont take the course, or if you get caught again theyll use you as a...well, you get the point

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.