Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Old Age Sucks
Macbeast

posted on 21/6/12 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Old Age Sucks

I couldn't find my debit card this morning. After some thought, I realised I had probably put it in my shirt pocket after using an ATM. Looked for that shirt for 15 mins - not in laundry basket, not on bed, not in bathroom, not on floor, not in kitchen ( getting desperate now ).

Eventually realised I was wearing that same shirt

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Peteff

posted on 21/6/12 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Yes but was your card in the pocket ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

scootz

posted on 21/6/12 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

What card?

It's Evolution Baby!

HowardB

posted on 21/6/12 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

What card?

next thursday!

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

pewe

posted on 21/6/12 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
David Cameron
ReMan

posted on 21/6/12 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
"where's me puddin"

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Steve Hignett

posted on 21/6/12 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Blue mini-bus
AllWeatherDan

posted on 21/6/12 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
That Turnips from mi allotment!

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

Peteff

posted on 21/6/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
I wanted green jelly !

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

40inches

posted on 21/6/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Spent 15mins frantically searching for my car keys, until swimbo pointed out that they were in my hand

theprisioner

posted on 21/6/12 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Not arf

I don't drink much these days. But the last time I did, the next day I went into Screwfix to buy some customers material. I normally pay with my business de bit card that I use every day and have done for 5 years. That day the brin cell died overnight, I had to go home and look it up.
bi22le

posted on 21/6/12 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
I couldn't find my debit card this morning. After some thought, I realised I had probably put it in my shirt pocket after using an ATM. Looked for that shirt for 15 mins - not in laundry basket, not on bed, not in bathroom, not on floor, not in kitchen ( getting desperate now ).

Phah! You dont have to be old to do that sort of thing but it gives a great excuse for when you forget what or why you were trying to find it!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

deltron63

posted on 21/6/12 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to my world
ed1max

posted on 21/6/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I tried to call someone today by punching the number into the remote control for the TV.

coozer

posted on 21/6/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
I searched high n low for mine, all over the house, garden, garage, the route I'd just been with the dog.. no luck, called the bank, canceled the cards, walked in the bog and there it was on the window sill.. DOH!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

otodb

posted on 21/6/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mate of mine couldn't remember where he'd left his car at tescos, took him ages to find it. Next time he was at the Doc's he mentioned it to him & asked if he had he got Dementia. The Doc said no thats not a problem, but if you forget the colour you'r really in trouble.
Xtreme Kermit

posted on 21/6/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Loving this thread...
theprisioner

posted on 21/6/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
The wife

The wife lost her mobile in February. It was not lost she said, just misplaced, "don't report it stolen, it will turn up". I tried ringing it but of course she never switches it on, emergency use only excuse. Well I ignored it for a few months and sure enough there was no billing. She turned the car/house/my cars/ the daughters cars/houses upside down no phone.

One day her car broke down, had to put 1£/minute into a pay phone at Tesco's to tell me to fix it. I fixed the car after cycling to where she broke down as she won't drive my van (or Westfield).

I will get to the point.....

At that point I went to Argos paid over £20 and bingo new pay as you go phone. Several weeks later the phone turned up in her hand bag where it had been all the time. What does my wife say "someone must have put it there, I looked there immediately I lost it".

I think she must mean me cos the cat is the only other inhabitant of my house these days.

Jasper

posted on 22/6/12 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, same here, 'lost' my wallet a couple of weeks ago, cancelled my cards, ordered a new driving licence, then 'found' it in my other jacket!!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Davegtst

posted on 22/6/12 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ed1max
quote:

I tried to call someone today by punching the number into the remote control for the TV.

I remember my dad trying to answer the remote once with his phone ringing away in his pocket.

splitrivet

posted on 22/6/12 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Spent half an hour looking for me specs then realised I was wearing them, best bit is the missus was helping me look and she never noticed.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

vanepico

posted on 22/6/12 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I regularly go out into the garage and completely forget why I went in there, it's even worse because I'm still only 19. And this was even before I went to uni

EDIT:Garage/Workshop

[Edited on 22/6/12 by vanepico]

bonzoronnie

posted on 22/6/12 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have got to the stage that I cycle through the Grandsons names till I get the right one.

More often than not, when I have been out with the dog, when I return home I try to unlock the front door of the house with the remote fob of my Jeep.

jollygreengiant

posted on 22/6/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago when I was 20-something, I took my parents down to see my sister (Wellingborough - Bognor Regis, about 127 miles). This involved a comfort stop (or two) for my folk.

M1 J12 toddington services, comfort stop.

London gateway M1, comfort stop.

Guildford, comfort stop.

At each stop I waited patiently in the car so that we may carry on just as soon as they had both returned. At the forth stop just near five mile bottom, my mother returned first and on entering the car she asked me, almost sounding indignantly, " How come you haven't needed to use the loo's yet?"
To this I replied "I don't know why, I just don't need to."

Now I am in my 50's I know the reason why, it was because I was a lot younger then.

Now then, where DID I put my..........................................................

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

chillis

posted on 22/6/12 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh now what did I come in here for ?????
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.