Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LS Engined "7" anyone???
snakebelly

posted on 17/8/12 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Can't one of the admins change Nevs handle to Calinx II?
wylliezx9r

posted on 17/8/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
Perhaps a poll may be in order?

Is Neville;

a) a bell end

b) a rocket scientist

c) has a mild form of asbergers/autism

d) a semi retired/redundant middle manager from the civil service (tax office)

e) don't give a fook, just wish he'd shut up

first correct answer wins a years membership to the Confederation Of Components & Kitcars, of which Neville is a lifetime member.

A, but somebody else can have the prize if I'm correct

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Wadders

posted on 17/8/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I don't intend getting involved in this thread, as it seems to be turning ugly
However bolting an unfeasibly large V8 into a weedy chassis with less than suitable running gear is hardly something new.......

Wonder what the engineers and FEA experts would make of this.....

And before anyone jumps in, i'm not in any way suggesting the RRR chassis is weedy or less than suitable etc etc

[Edited on 17/8/12 by Wadders]

TAZZMAXX

posted on 17/8/12 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
How about this then? Over 600 wheel horse power in a motorbike! This loon has appeared on another forum I frequent. Who is responsible for it, if and when it all goes wrong? Since motor vehicles have existed, people have wanted to tweak them with a bit more power and personalise them to their own needs. I can't really see too much wrong with the RoadRunner car and think it's great that someone has put a whacking V8 into a small chassis which is a bit irreponsible of me as an engineer. Yes, parts of it do look slender but if you've ever looked at the structures that hold aero engines in place, the proportions are no different. I really don't agree with trial by forum but hopefully there will be no adverse affect on RRR.

621whp, on 110octane 427 on optimax, boost pegged at 2.5bar
GT35r with custom wheel and housing
Tial 60mm BOV's
Motec m400 fully open with logging
AMS multistage boost controller
carrillo rods
wiseco pistons
mucho head work and custom grind cams
multistage lock up clutch

plus a ton of other bits generously coated with my tears and blood

rodgling

posted on 17/8/12 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
How does the owner of that bike stay alive riding that thing?!!
JoelP

posted on 17/8/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Perhaps a poll may be in order?

Is Neville;

a) a bell end

b) a rocket scientist

c) has a mild form of asbergers/autism

d) a semi retired/redundant middle manager from the civil service (tax office)

e) don't give a fook, just wish he'd shut up

first correct answer wins a years membership to the Confederation Of Components & Kitcars, of which Neville is a lifetime member.

you missed out:

f) syd bridge

I dont doubt he knows a fair bit, and also that he thinks he knows even more, but by god ive never met anyone else with such an insufferable attitude. I cannot believe he is actually this abrasive in the flesh.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Stott

posted on 17/8/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Well im head of engineering at NASA and i think its brill and that your a cock!
Easy isnt it........

I call bullsht.

Post up copies of your latest rocket design, space logs, moon landing pics with your face on display, and you standing in front of your se7en in a spacesuit holding a tin of custard then I'll believe you.

If you really are the head of engineering at NASA then you won't mind posting these things up as you'll be the only one on this forum with them and should therefore be extremely proud.

atb
Stott

snakebelly

posted on 17/8/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
What! Do you mean that if I just constantly tell people how brill I am and put other people down I may not be believed! Oh well.....
By the way the thrumblewicket on the RRR chassis has a double quadruple positronic batshit defecit but what makes it worse is the nadger bolts looks like the shear force is equivalent to the stockings I was wearing last night.... Scary or what

austin man

posted on 17/8/12 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones
I haven't got a personal crusade against any one in particular. BUT, I do have a personal crusade against poor design(?) in the kit world.

RRR has every right to make and sell what he wants. He also has a responsibility to ensure that what he sells is safe.

To put that big 400lb+, 400hp+, 400ft.lb engine in that spindly little chassis is grossly irresponsible.

A piece of artwork it may be, and that's what it is best suited to, but not as a roadgoing vehicle.

I would hope that anyone buying one of these to put a v8 into it, ends up with an innocuous Rover V8, a fairly safe alternative with less power than a Zetec, and about the same weight. Buyers will see that big Chev engine, then put the Rover in when reality and the wallet kicks in.

What astonishes me in this, is the people who are vehemently defending RRR, do not appear to have any engineering understanding whatsoever. Just how many are engineers, with relevant experience and education? None by all appearances.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 17/8/12 by Neville Jones]

Its about time that you designed a soap box Neville because the one you keep getting on must be a tad weak now. If your so good my man where is your product in the market place. Im sure it would be a perfect article finely polished and designed and worthy of every penny you ask. But where the fxxx is it. If your not moaning about double bends on rollcages your moaning about something else.

You constantly strive to belittle ,bewilder and offend people who are trying to make an honest living I implore you to help not hinder if you are the GURU you purport to be. It appears that you would be the Carlsberg of the kit car market if you actually made anything other than bad press for others.

I hope Mclaren read the posts on here if so with your credentials you should expect a call in the morning. Just have to hope Durex dont give you a call instead

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

daniel mason

posted on 18/8/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
i cant understand why people even bother to argue with him? hes a complete tit!

NeilP

posted on 18/8/12 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
To put that big 400lb+, 400hp+, 400ft.lb engine in that spindly little chassis is grossly irresponsible...

Oh dear! Someone better tell the Americans...

Mike, All the very, very best with your company and your projects. Having individuals like you who are prepared to innovate is what makes this country great.

Neville, as the professionally qualified engineer that I'm sure you are, I have to say (as a professionally qualified engineer) that I find your conduct on this public forum utterly deplorable - I would suggest that you re-read the charter of the organisation to which you belong and concentrate in detail on the section in relation to professional conduct - you bring shame on our profession.

If you (and your many friends involved at the highest levels of automotive design) have genuine, professional concerns then I would kindly suggest you follow the statutory channels available to you to do so - this forum is not one of them.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Mr C

posted on 18/8/12 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
How about the chassis twst on this baby, built by a brit, clocked at 207mph looking for 250, makes the roadrunner car look like its built from girders.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

phelpsa

posted on 18/8/12 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
However often somebody who knows better will shout about it, there is no correct way to engineer a car, just different problems to overcome.

The proof of the pudding is in the metal, and if it works, whats the problem? Neither the designer nor the manufacturer has claimed that it is the stiffest, or strongest, or lightest or fastest car in the world.

There are many engineers that could point out 50 things on the RB8 that aren't based on sound engineering principles, doesn't stop it being very good at what it's meant to do though. There are a lot of parts on my own race car that would send neville to an early grave, but it's certainly proven itself this year.

So all that's required is some videos (with sound please) with this hammering round Anglesey or Brands and everyone is happy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roadrunnerracing

posted on 18/8/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
How about the chassis twst on this baby, built by a brit, clocked at 207mph looking for 250, makes the roadrunner car look like its built from girders.

Now this does look dangerous, not the fact it has a V10 8 litre Viper engine in it, but the guy riding it has bare arms and no gloves. My current bike is a K1200s and I always wear a jacket and gloves. I would love to have a go on that bike, but would not risk it with bare arms and hands LOL.

Still waiting for Neville to show me pictures etc of his cars, chassis, designs, work in progress, etc. think I may have a long wait.............

austin man

posted on 18/8/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
silence is golden. Keep up the work RRR and continue the development of your car. Apparently the Wright Brothers where told that thing will never fly, Just makes you wonder if the people who made the statements have any relations on LCB.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

roadrunnerracing

posted on 18/8/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
quote:
To put that big 400lb+, 400hp+, 400ft.lb engine in that spindly little chassis is grossly irresponsible...

Oh dear! Someone better tell the Americans...

Mike, All the very, very best with your company and your projects. Having individuals like you who are prepared to innovate is what makes this country great.

Neville, as the professionally qualified engineer that I'm sure you are, I have to say (as a professionally qualified engineer) that I find your conduct on this public forum utterly deplorable - I would suggest that you re-read the charter of the organisation to which you belong and concentrate in detail on the section in relation to professional conduct - you bring shame on our profession.

If you (and your many friends involved at the highest levels of automotive design) have genuine, professional concerns then I would kindly suggest you follow the statutory channels available to you to do so - this forum is not one of them.

Looks like a good test for the wishbones when it finally lands.

I have to say I have had a few engineers, some with PhDs who have sent me private emails, regarding our chassis design. They have been satisfied with our replies to their questions. As you stated this is the way you would expect professionals to behave. It is normally best to get accurate information before making sweeping statements above a company or it's products.

Regards Mike

roadrunnerracing

posted on 18/8/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
silence is golden. Keep up the work RRR and continue the development of your car. Apparently the Wright Brothers where told that thing will never fly, Just makes you wonder if the people who made the statements have any relations on LCB.

Only just over a hundred years ago the countries top surgeons all agreed the human body could not breath above 25 miles an hour.

austin man

posted on 18/8/12 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunnerracing
quote:

Only just over a hundred years ago the countries top surgeons all agreed the human body could not breath above 25 miles an hour.

Just goes to show mate that some people can be too self oppinionated as said keep up the designing and development,

Stott

posted on 18/8/12 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunnerracing
quote:

I did 125mph in the asbo <<<<<<< a few weeks ago with just safety glasses on, I breathed.

The mrs however didn't, and had one hand on her hair and one hand on her glasses lol

froggy

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote

Is this neville jones ??

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

PeteS2k

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
However often somebody who knows better will shout about it, there is no correct way to engineer a car, just different problems to overcome.

The proof of the pudding is in the metal, and if it works, whats the problem? Neither the designer nor the manufacturer has claimed that it is the stiffest, or strongest, or lightest or fastest car in the world.

There are many engineers that could point out 50 things on the RB8 that aren't based on sound engineering principles, doesn't stop it being very good at what it's meant to do though. There are a lot of parts on my own race car that would send neville to an early grave, but it's certainly proven itself this year.

So all that's required is some videos (with sound please) with this hammering round Anglesey or Brands and everyone is happy

This^^^

Must say, I've really enjoyed this thread so far... for all the wrong reasons!

(Degree is Aeronautics, 30 yrs in the aerospace industry, but I should caveat my views by stating I have no training or qualifications in automotive chassis design or experience in finite element analysis toolsets....)

froggy

posted on 19/8/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txp19ZNtFn8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sums it up nicely I think ?

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

zilspeed

posted on 19/8/12 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
There are two aspects of this thread which I find disheartening.

Firstly, those who would seek to criticise the car without being willing to enter into honest discussion and actually elaborate the point.
Without discussion, no party can move forwards and perhaps even have greater insight through having had the discussion.
Any form of criticism (in the truest sense of its dictionary definition) has to be followed by a willingness to be honest and engage in a real discussion of the facts. If anyone is willing to criticise, that can't be the end of the discussion. Nobody benefits from that.

Secondly, those would oppress any form of discussion whatsoever.

I am a great believer in learning.
I usually do that by observing, questioning and thinking.

It seems that I was perhaps wrong in assuming that others would share a desire to do likewise.
We can all learn from one another and it's equally valid to be the one learning as it is to be the one sharing the learning.
If any of us loses the ability to share our knowledge and also the ability to listen and learn, the forum becomes a little less useful.

If the forum becomes a place where free debate cannot occur, then its purpose is greatly diminished.

It would be a real shame if people were either in the "criticise and run away category" or, equally bad "never ever criticise" category.

Both perspectives are equally useless.
We're all grown up enough to actually talk about stuff.

It doesn't take very long at all to look through the archives and find genuinely helpful discussion regarding cars from all of the high profile manufacturers and various potentially serious failures which have occured.

If this can't continue, the forum just became a slightly less useful place to spend time.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 27/8/12 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
There are two aspects of this thread which I find disheartening.

Firstly, those who would seek to criticise the car without being willing to enter into honest discussion and actually elaborate the point.
Without discussion, no party can move forwards and perhaps even have greater insight through having had the discussion.
Any form of criticism (in the truest sense of its dictionary definition) has to be followed by a willingness to be honest and engage in a real discussion of the facts. If anyone is willing to criticise, that can't be the end of the discussion. Nobody benefits from that.

Secondly, those would oppress any form of discussion whatsoever.

I am a great believer in learning.
I usually do that by observing, questioning and thinking.

It seems that I was perhaps wrong in assuming that others would share a desire to do likewise.
We can all learn from one another and it's equally valid to be the one learning as it is to be the one sharing the learning.
If any of us loses the ability to share our knowledge and also the ability to listen and learn, the forum becomes a little less useful.

If the forum becomes a place where free debate cannot occur, then its purpose is greatly diminished.

It would be a real shame if people were either in the "criticise and run away category" or, equally bad "never ever criticise" category.

Both perspectives are equally useless.
We're all grown up enough to actually talk about stuff.

It doesn't take very long at all to look through the archives and find genuinely helpful discussion regarding cars from all of the high profile manufacturers and various potentially serious failures which have occured.

If this can't continue, the forum just became a slightly less useful place to spend time.

HERE HERE !!!!

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

<<  3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.