Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: reducing IED casualties - i may have a solution
cryoman1965

posted on 5/12/12 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
The vast amount of research and feasability studies is carried out by Qinitiq and or DSTL. Don't know if these have points of contact for mad cap ideas.

There is a bit of research going on at the moment where the device (IED) is saturated in Liquid Nitrogen - 196 deg, to cool the device below -80 deg (I think) which will render it in operable and can be safely handled and disposed of.

Cheers

Nige

skodaman

posted on 5/12/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Best idea I can think of is to make the politicians that get involved in such things read a history book. They would then have realized that Afghanistan historically has always been something of an autonomous anarchy. We lost a whole army virtually without trace there in the 1800s. If that wasn't enough there's the USSR's intervention in the 1980's. It's an unwinable situation and we shouldn't be there. Also we're neither an economic nor military superpower anymore and we can't afford it.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 5/12/12 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Best idea I can think of is to make the politicians that get involved in such things read a history book. They would then have realized that Afghanistan historically has always been something of an autonomous anarchy. We lost a whole army virtually without trace there in the 1800s. If that wasn't enough there's the USSR's intervention in the 1980's. It's an unwinable situation and we shouldn't be there. Also we're neither an economic nor military superpower anymore and we can't afford it.

Be that as it may, did you have an alternative solution with regards to the taliban sheltering al qaeda and basically having a whole country to recruit and train in, along with huge amounts of money from growing opium? Bear in mind this was immediately after 9/11. Its very easy to criticise the situation in afghanistan, much hard to predict where we would be now if another course had been taken.

Sorry to go off topic, and good luck to OP. I would add its entirely possible to think of a brilliant idea yourself and discount it as implausible - as a teenager i thought up an idea similar to heat pumps, and concluded it couldnt work. Turns out it wasnt a new idea even back then, but i was quite pleased when i found it was possible, and that it was indeed a good idea, which i thought up without any input.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.