Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LSD or not
rick1962uk

posted on 21/5/13 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
LSD or not

hi just collecting parts to start the build got the zzr100 engine now i need a diff but how many use a LSD as i have heard that they dont work that well on BEC kit cars or is this just rubbish many thanks rick
mark chandler

posted on 21/5/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just rubbish
owelly

posted on 21/5/13 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Here's my plastic car fitted with a Sierra LSD. As you can see, it will happily spin one wheel so is not a true limited slip unit but it works great on a nice dry track with sticky tyres.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Custardpants

posted on 22/5/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
I used to run an open diff on track and then upgraded to a quaife ATB LSD. It utterly transformed the ability of the car - drive and traction out of corners was such an improvement, and I could also far better control the car mid corner with the throttle. Perhaps some lsds don't suit BECs but the smooth progressive action of the quaife unit perfectly suits the smooth power delivery of a bike engine, and although expensive is well worth it.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 22/5/13 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the rubbish spouted by someone who cant afford an LSD.

For the record I have a Quaife ATB in a Freelander casing and its awesome and stable. It did cost £650 used (also came with driveshafts, propshaft, mounts and hubs though) so wasn't cheap.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bigfoot4616

posted on 22/5/13 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
my tran-x plate diff is probably the best mod i've done to the car. much quicker round the track and a lot more fun on the road
rick1962uk

posted on 22/5/13 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
many thanks i will try to get hold of one

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.