Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stash in the attic
woodster

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Stash in the attic

Just been reading about Den Tanner from Pilgrim cars, that's a head shocker , I spoke to him once on the phone seemed a top bloke with some good advice

[Edited on 30/12/13 by woodster]

clairetoo

posted on 30/12/13 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Benzine

posted on 30/12/13 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
?

link

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 30/12/13 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Aw right, the title makes sense now

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

woodster

posted on 30/12/13 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link I couldn't find it again, it seems he'd made one or two enemies

http://kitcarmagazines.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/dentanner-crook.html

This guy seems pretty happy he came to a bad end ...........

Agriv8

posted on 31/12/13 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
Oh so it's not for charging a 10ner to camp at stoneleigh !

Strange what goes on behind closed doors, but if I was growing that amount of weed (I aren't ) you maybe don't want to rub 'LOTS' of people up the wrong way.

Still a big shock though.

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

ReMan

posted on 31/12/13 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
Thanks for the link I couldn't find it again, it seems he'd made one or two enemies

More than one or two I think!
But the Filby Tanner nonsense was going publicly in their respective (fairly crap in hindsight) magazines on as I got into the scene and it was nonsense enough to put fairer mortals off ever building a kit

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ō≈ōﺣ

MikeRJ

posted on 31/12/13 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Have you read any other entries in that blog? The guy comes across as a total loony, angry at everyone and everything.

woodster

posted on 31/12/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

Have you read any other entries in that blog? The guy comes across as a total loony, angry at everyone and everything.

He seems to have a problem with ...

The Police
Asians
Women
Judges
Americans
The poor
Den Tanner
His mates
Social services

Hopefully some ones got him anger management classes for Christmas

ste

posted on 31/12/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I find it a little hypocritical that he complains so much about someone copying something he has copied.

myke pocock

posted on 31/12/13 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Wrote to Tanner once asking if he could keep his problems with other people out of his magazine as it was taking up valuable space and I bought the mag for kit cars not that kind of thing. All I got back was a load of abuse so I wont be crying into my beer for one.
rusty nuts

posted on 31/12/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Wrote to Tanner once asking if he could keep his problems with other people out of his magazine as it was taking up valuable space and I bought the mag for kit cars not that kind of thing. All I got back was a load of abuse so I wont be crying into my beer for one.

I once complained to him about recycled adverts for cars in his magazine after ringing to enquire about one only to be told the car had been sold something like 18months previously, He offered a free mag with no apology . He was told to stick it and I have never brought another since

franky

posted on 2/1/14 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Its amazing the people who are trying to support him. He's a drug dealer with no respect or thought for his family. I also feel for owners of pilgrim cars.
jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I find that odd as well....you don't get 4 years inside for growing a little personal weed.

JoelP

posted on 2/1/14 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Let's keep it perspective though, its only weed. Hardly crime of the century. In fact they've just legalised it in colorado.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Large scale production of an illegal substance.....for financial gain. Yes, lets keep it in perspective. 4years and 3 months seems about right.

franky

posted on 2/1/14 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Let's keep it perspective though, its only weed. Hardly crime of the century. In fact they've just legalised it in colorado.

I'd call 1/2 a million £'s worth perspective. So yes very serious, IMO he got off lightly unlike his 'loved' ones.

StevieB

posted on 2/1/14 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

Should've grown it in Colorado then

It's all a bit of a sorry episode really, and casts a bit of a dark shadow on the kit car industry for me.

franky

posted on 2/1/14 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
It would have still been illegal
jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Also....how long has he been doing it? Unlikely to be his first go at growing/distribution.

woodster

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
i should imagine it takes some setting up and quite a bit of cash growing that amount of weed, it doesn't say if he had any help or who he was growing it for but he must know some very dodgy people , something the other guy should but be mindful about when hes slagging him off
jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
i should imagine it takes some setting up and quite a bit of cash growing that amount of weed, it doesn't say if he had any help or who he was growing it for but he must know some very dodgy people , something the other guy should but be mindful about when hes slagging him off

Surely he classifies as a dodgy person....sent down for illegal drug production must count as being dodgy.

woodster

posted on 2/1/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
good point he does count as dodgy , i was just trying to say most normal people wouldn't know where to start with growing and distributing weed or who's toes they could be standing on, you need to know the right people for production, protection and distribution .... unless he just watched Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels and thought he could work as an independant trader
jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
And this will not be a new venture....you don't get into large scale production with no knowledge or experience.

woodster

posted on 2/1/14 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
very true i can't see it being his first time and somebody in the scene has helped him, if he'd of done it around here without the right business partners the old bill would have been the least of his problems.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.