Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another headlight thread - show me your lights!
AJR

posted on 16/4/15 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost

I f you decided you wanted to keep the 5 3/4" but want more light then we are looking at offering a 5 & 3/4" LED headlight which will fit existing housings, has a massive 2400Lumen on dip beam & 3850 Lumen on main!! (As a comparison, a typical halogen headlight has around 7 - 800 Lumen). These are likely to be in the region of £199.99 a pair & will include an LED DRL & indicator within the headlight - I will be putting a post up re a possible group buy shortly .....................

Hi, do you have any pictures of these yet? I'd like to see what these look like as want to change my current set up.
Thanks

40inches

posted on 16/4/15 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Chrome Dominators
Description
Description

kj

posted on 16/4/15 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
You got any picture of your mounting brackets?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

40inches

posted on 16/4/15 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
You got any picture of your mounting brackets?

Description
Description

Two lengths of wishbone tube, bolted to the top of the chassis.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 23/4/15 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Just thought I would post an update re my projector lights. (Russ's)

I did 100 miles last night.

What I would say is that when it is dark, the lights are actually very good. The problem for me comes when there are other lights around or cars coming the other way. So this may be my eyes , seating position etc etc. I would say, no on reflection, that they are as good as I can remember my 5 3/4" ones I had on a previous car.

I think I would say a lot of it for me is about the other lights causing my eyes to adjust and therefore me thinking my lights aren't that great.

russbost

posted on 23/4/15 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by f27
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I think either some dominators with HID conversion, or I'l wait to see what the group buy that russbost is going to post looks like.

Just uploading pics & getting details together, will post up group buy details shortly, this is the 5 & 3/4" light, 2400 lumens, on low beam, 3850 lumen main beam (around 4 to 5 times the lumen output of a 60W halogen!). Has a halo ring for DRL (white) or indicators (amber)

[img]
[/img]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MK9R

posted on 6/5/15 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
So will these projector style lights pass IVA?? looking at options at the moment

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Black Flash

posted on 6/5/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
They do, I passed with a set from Russ:

The "kick-up" pattern is actually the wrong way around (i.e. it kicks up to the right), however, the kick is so small that it counts as a flat beam. I just had to align them on the day with the test machine and they passed without further comment.

Irony

posted on 7/5/15 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Black Flash
They do, I passed with a set from Russ:

The "kick-up" pattern is actually the wrong way around (i.e. it kicks up to the right), however, the kick is so small that it counts as a flat beam. I just had to align them on the day with the test machine and they passed without further comment.

I have these same lights and they have a slight sharp edge going around them. Did you cover this for IVA?

The Black Flash

posted on 7/5/15 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Irony - nope, IIRC the sharp bit doesn't contact the edge of the sphere when I did it at home, though to be honest the tester didn't actually check.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.