Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Are rear roll bar stays needed
Sam_68

posted on 10/11/15 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost...don't quite know why anyone is quoting the RAC bluebook as it has no bearing on road use...

Also possibly worth mentioning that the 'standard' Blue Book solutions are a universal, 'one size fits all' approach, applicable where specific calculations and certification have not been undertaken, and as such are overkill for very lightweight cars.

Where companies have gone to the trouble of properly designing and separately certifying ROPs for their cars, it usually proves very easy to achieve compliance with alternative designs and/or reduced tube sizes.

I guess the relevance of Blue Book is that it at least gives you a reasonably well-considered benchmark to work to (albeit designed to work in conjunction with helmets and harnesses), whereas IVA regs. offer none?

Sam_68

posted on 10/11/15 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones
There's good reason he got the bums rush from the Oz site

Still at it, Nev?

Point of fact, old chap, but I didn't get the 'bums rush' from the Oz site at all: I still post (I did so only yesterday) and get on very well with almost everyone there.

The only two people I don't get on with are your 'friend' Rod, and his sidekick Trevor (Noble), and I'm not alone there... Noble is universally hated as a cantankerous old troll, and Rod not far behind, given the large number of supportive messages I've received.

But you've already admitted that you're deliberately trolling me on behalf of Rod (if, indeed, you're not one and the same - your style and attitudes are identical), as an attempt to carry over his - and only his - personal vendetta from another forum.

Rod has admitted that he and his cronies (presumably including yourself) have deliberately trolled this forum in the past; under the user name of Syd Bridge, I think he mentioned?

Please quit: I'm sure it's as tiresome for other members of this forum as it is for me. If you want to make an issue of something I posted on the Ozclubbies forum, then at least have the courage to do it on the Ozclubbies forum, instead of inflicting what you obviously see as a personal crusade upon others on an unrelated forum who really don't give a f***.

loggyboy

posted on 10/11/15 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
What a funking trolling mess of a thread!

the op was 'ARE BACKSTAYS REQUIRED FOR IVA'

Which was answered in the first reply. END OF.

[Edited on 10-11-15 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Irony

posted on 10/11/15 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Are we not getting to the bit where they start posting up their CV's and claiming to be the pinnacle of engineering excellence?
Mr Whippy

posted on 10/11/15 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if Sam_68 is infact CaLviNx?

I would recommend you fit backstays after the IVA as a roll over is a stupid thing to die for and it's quite easy and cheap to fit them though you'll have to take the back panel off so maybe make it easy enough to remove and I wouldn't weld over the fuel tank either.

I have a very strong roll bar over my soft top landrover otherwise I'd would never let my kids in it, just not worth the risk.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neville Jones

posted on 10/11/15 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
He could well be, but for the fact C went to Cypress or somewhere like that, didn't he?

I'm not Syd Bridge, never have been nor will be. I joined the group after two left and went back to aus. So you're barking up the wrong tree there, 'Sam'.

I've been accused of being someone I'm not, but, Sam, tell us you're not

Martin S####t, of Berkeley, Gloucs? Just like your Photobucket and Linkedin accounts say? I've got the screen shots to prove it.

You don't like getting back some of what you hand out, do you?

Cut out the nastiness and bully boy stuff when someone disagrees with you, and try and be nice. And stop posting reworded stuff you've read elsewhere on the 'net, to make it appear as though it's your own. We're not all fools you know.

Cheers,
Nev

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/11/15 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones

He could well be, but for the fact C went to Cypress or somewhere like that, didn't he?

Maybe he got banned from there too

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sam_68

posted on 10/11/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nev,

What's your point?

I've never made any secret of the fact that my main career is architecture; I've made numerous posts on it here and on other forums. See the recent topic on here about airfields being classified as brownfield land, for a start. In fact, I'm pretty sure you'd have found reference to it on the thread I linked on my first ever post on Ozclubbies, if you cared to look.

Is it any of this of any relevance to this thread?

[Edited on 10/11/15 by Sam_68]

TheGiantTribble

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Re Are rear roll bar stays needed

IMHO if you are going to fit roll bars, you might as well fit ones that are going to be of use, after all you don't want to be finding yourself halfway through an accident thinking 'oh crap I wish I'd bothered to fit them' . And yes it's amazing what goes through your mind when you are having an accident.

Re the chest thumping

Open a new thread where those who want to argue who knows more, whose understanding of metals/physics/chemistry/turnips and the mathematics of flight of Santa's' reindeer, can argue to your hearts content. Or at least one of you emerges staggering from the smoke and ashes victorious. God knows the rest of us will be long dead and buried by then.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.