Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Arument/Rant thread
JacksAvon

posted on 11/11/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think people need to spend more time speeding while playing UB40 in a yorkshire built 7 while considering arument
jollygreengiant

posted on 12/11/15 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Only the very most senior, educated & authentic engineers will understand the term "arument" - you've obviously all missed the whole point of the original post!

OI, are you having a pop at my age now.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

russbost

posted on 12/11/15 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
C'mon, own up, how many of you have checked out "arument" in the dictionary just to make sure? Someone told me the other day that the word "gullible"had been removed from the dictionary, but I checked online & they were wrong ..........

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Irony

posted on 12/11/15 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
CEC vs BEC.

Personally I just don't understand why you would put any bike engine in a car. I have had enough of there god awful, whiny, buzzy noises from bikes let alone cars.

Yes your car maybe, lighter, faster, handle like its on rails and be more with cheating Chapmans 'ethos' BUT it sounds like a drunk angry lesbian wasp. My V8 powered car maybe slower, handle worse and have truly terrible MPG but it sounds glorious. It sounds like a stampeding bull elephant.

Oh yes and for all you BEC owners that say 'my BEC is great in traffic, docile around town, it can do anything a CEC can do.' SOD OFF, no it can't do everything a CEC can do. My car will absolutely trash a BEC at tractor pulling. Tie my car to any BEC in the world and we are going ownly one way. My way..........

Assuming my car doesn't break down of course.

I have been wanting to get that off my chest for ages.

[Edited on 12/11/15 by Irony]

russbost

posted on 12/11/15 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
"My car will absolutely trash a CEC at tractor pulling" - Yes, it probably will, but my BEC will trash your CEC at tractor pulling! - For a start you will be sitting there spinning your wheels, whilst I with my mid engine will be gripping like fury!

I wonder why we all make so many typos, perhaps that's why arguments start in the first place?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Irony

posted on 12/11/15 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
"My car will absolutely trash a CEC at tractor pulling" - Yes, it probably will, but my BEC will trash your CEC at tractor pulling! - For a start you will be sitting there spinning your wheels, whilst I with my mid engine will be gripping like fury!

I have over 600mm of rubber sitting on the road at the rear of my car to avoid wheelspin whilst tractor pulling. Besides I reckon your clutch will burn out long long before my heavyweight Land Rover one does.

Wow we can start a new motorsport - Kit Car Tractor pulling <800kg or less

Irony

posted on 12/11/15 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I wonder why we all make so many typos, perhaps that's why arguments start in the first place?

Its because we are all so eager to get our more than likely incorrect points across we don't read what we type.

jeffw

posted on 12/11/15 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Everyone knows the Fury is front mid-engined although the Fury Menace was mid-engined (if you call sitting next to a bike engine Mid-Engined).

gaz_gaz

posted on 12/11/15 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
CEC vs BEC.

Personally I just don't understand why you would put any bike engine in a car. I have had enough of there god awful, whiny, buzzy noises from bikes let alone cars.

Yes your car maybe, lighter, faster, handle like its on rails and be more with cheating Chapmans 'ethos' BUT it sounds like a drunk angry lesbian wasp. My V8 powered car maybe slower, handle worse and have truly terrible MPG but it sounds glorious. It sounds like a stampeding bull elephant.

Oh yes and for all you BEC owners that say 'my BEC is great in traffic, docile around town, it can do anything a CEC can do.' SOD OFF, no it can't do everything a CEC can do. My car will absolutely trash a BEC at tractor pulling. Tie my car to any BEC in the world and we are going ownly one way. My way..........

Assuming my car doesn't break down of course.

I have been wanting to get that off my chest for ages.

Just LOL...That's brightened my day.

Irony

posted on 12/11/15 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Oh and if I am ranting, just one more thing....

That donkey nose Ron 'what happened to him anyway' Champion owes me approximately £6750.

russbost

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Oh and if I am ranting, just one more thing....

That donkey nose Ron 'what happened to him anyway' Champion owes me approximately £6750.

Hmmm - what did I say about gullible!

Benzine

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm in! May be the only event my kit car could actually do well in

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gaz_gaz

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Any good engineer can build them with all the bells and whistles for £250.. EASY!!

[Edited on 12/11/15 by gaz_gaz]

Sam_68

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

I'm in! May be the only event my kit car could actually do well in

Are we allowed body conversions for my chavvy Range Rover TDV8? Might need a higher class weight limit though.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.