Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: electrical gurus speed sensor hall sensor question
02GF74

posted on 8/1/16 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
The diodes and capacitors are to protect the circuit against voltage spikes and smooth any jitter in the voltages.
They aren't absolutely necessary, but will make the circuit more durable.
The 7805 will produce some (~3w) heat with no load due to the way it works, a buck converter would be more efficient but would require a more complicated circuit.

Dave

Agree with all the above except the part in green. The power dissipated will be more or less voltage drop (7V in this case) multiplied by current through the device. I do not believe the no load current is 0.43 A.

The sensor would draw in the region of milliamps - 7805 without heatsink will be fine.

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/1/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
OK so a little update as promised. The emerald ecu output for the tachometer does indeed power the acewell BUT its reading about three times more than the actual revs. Fitting the resistor in line ( in series) kills the signal altogether and no rpm on acewell showing. Anyone got any advice on this??
The gearbox is now all wired and I will report back on that when the car is actually on the road and running.
Thanks for now.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

russbost

posted on 17/1/16 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
The. rpm should just be a matter of changing the no. in the setup, you have 0.5, 1, 2 & 3 which refers to the no. of pulses the Acewell is expecting to see per engine revolution. Most 4 cyl. engines require 0.5, if wasted spark then 1.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega 24 v6

posted on 17/1/16 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
C.O.P so will have a play and get it right I'm sure. Couldn't acess the settings screen since its been so long ago since I looked at the instructions LOL.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.