Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Full cage options - MSUK compliant
OliilO

posted on 25/2/22 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Full cage options - MSUK compliant

I’m contemplating adding a full cage to my Mac#1 for a bit of extra security both on the road and trackdays. While I don’t currently compete, it makes sense to install a cage to MSUK spec to give me the option to compete in the future.

However, I don’t want a cage with the front legs inside the chassis due to the compromise in space within the footwell. As I understand it the designed used by Westfield with a single bolt in shear for the front hoop could not be used as a design basis on my car as it is homologated to a Westfield chassis.

Is that correct and if so, what options exist to meet MSUK standards for an external cage?

JimSpencer

posted on 27/2/22 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I'd suggest talking to a professional as this is probably going to have to be a cage 'built to the drawings'/bespoke which is still do-able (depending on what you're thinking about doing with it especially)

I'd suggest Nigel at Cougar Engineering Redditch

He looks after lots of similar cars for quite a few people - put the full cage on my Striker in my photo archive (before and after are both there) too.

HTH

OliilO

posted on 4/3/22 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I’d suspected that may be the answer but was trying to get an idea of what may be possible within the regs so I could go as informed as possible!
Neville Jones

posted on 12/5/22 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Go to the MSUK yearbook, and you'll find the specs you need to follow.
Diagrams are there for joints and attachments, and tube sizes.
No need for wasting a lot of money on 'experts.
If you can read english, you'll be ok.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.