Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: american feck up
macspeedy

posted on 4/9/05 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
american feck up

petrol stations all over america are closing not because of fuel shortage but because the pumps can not be set to charge more than $3 :

JoelP

posted on 4/9/05 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
similar problem over here when the price goes 3 digit, and all the signs can only display 2!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

NS Dev

posted on 4/9/05 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
..........................................and seeing as Ultimax is now 99.9 p a litre near here should be interesting!!!!!
andyps

posted on 4/9/05 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
When I worked in a petrol station as a teenager Petrol had just gone over £1 a gallon and the pumps could not cope - I seem to remember they registered everything at half the price which I had to double to charge the customers.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

steve_gus

posted on 4/9/05 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
why should that be an american feck up?

wait and see what happens at a lot of stations here when it hits a quid. The plan is to set the pumps at half price, but you pay twice that at the till.

A British feck up then?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 4/9/05 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
they'll start pricing it per half litre, to make us feel better!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

DarrenW

posted on 5/9/05 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
I wonder if they'll price it by the pint??????

David Jenkins

posted on 5/9/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
The logical way would be to price it by tenths of a litre - then all the moron on the cash register would have to do is shift the decimal point one place.

David

quattromike

posted on 5/9/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
they already charge over a quid some places up here . I think it's so dear to pay for the extra big sign they need? to display the price
steve_gus

posted on 5/9/05 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
i think the moron with the wallet may in some cases insist on paying what the pump just said.......

atb

steve

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the JoKeR

posted on 8/9/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
That doesn't sound right to me. I haven't seen a pump in years which didn't have a LCD display, so they're fine until we hit $10.00 a gallon. Haven't heard anything about that on the news, either. The biggest problem areas have been in the south, where gas stations are running out of gas because of all the people trying to leave. Many people were also in a "panic" mode when the prices jumped about $.50/gallon overnight, and everybody was going to fill up wether they needed gas or not.

Jeff
http://www.midwestwelding.com
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/

Browser

posted on 8/9/05 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
A friend told me today that any of the filling stations you see in this country who's pumps are on the pavement or very near the roadside have a limited time left. As lonmg as the pumps keep working they're OK but as soon as they need new pumps they are not allowed to install them that near the road, they have to be set back. Added to which, with the COMAH regs which cover storage of fuel they'd probably need double-skinned tanks anyway. So, if you've a small rural garage like this near you, use it while you can

steve_gus

posted on 8/9/05 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
30 years ago, the UK had 40,000 pertol stations. Its set to drop below 10,000 this year.

atb

steve

Just knock off the 's'!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.