Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: KIT CAR ENTHUSIASTS IN BRAINTREE ESSEX OR CLOSE
stulad

posted on 6/8/06 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
KIT CAR ENTHUSIASTS IN BRAINTREE ESSEX OR CLOSE

Hi im living in Braintree and wondered if there is any kit builders in my area
im trying to build a minotaur :-
www.asci24.dsl.pipex.com/minotaur.htm and i just wanted to hook up with like minded ppl that could guide me or share knoledge.
this is my first kit and i think i couldnt have picked a worse 1 , the kit has now been taken over by Pilgrim so at some stage they will sort it out but for now i have no help and no instructions, im figuring everything out on my own literally.
i know it will be worth it in the end but it seems a long way away right now
this is why i posted here :- http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?action=bookmark&t=295178&h=0&f=30&p=
cheers stu

[Edited on 6/8/06 by stulad]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 6/8/06 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Stu, I am in Kelvedon so fairly close. My project is a middy which I have extensively modified from the original design. It is similar to the Minatoar in some ways. You are welcome to come round and have a look and discuss your build.

[Edited on 6-8-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stulad

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
whats a Middy

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Hi Stu, I am in Kelvedon so fairly close. My project is a middy which I have extensively modified from the original design. It is similar to the Minatoar in some ways. You are welcome to come round and have a look and discuss your build.

would love to hook up , email me at stuosgood@gmail.com my inlaws used to live there now live at tiptree
cheers stu

DIY Si

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
A mid engined rear wheel drive car. Examples include lotus elisea and exige, mgf/tf and RazMan's aeon gt2. Have a look in his archive, it'll explain things.
stulad

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
cheers

ok got it.
didnt find his photos first time
just saw it said achive empty.
didnt click on headlight
thanks
stu

RazMan

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Never did get the hang of uploading to my archive with these new fangled pooters

What stage in the build are you up to Stu?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

numnuts

posted on 6/8/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i am in Silver end and have just finished Mnr vortx.
numnuts

posted on 6/8/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i am in Silver end and have just finished Mnr vortx.
Confused but excited.

posted on 6/8/06 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Is there an echo on here now?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

stulad

posted on 7/8/06 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Cool

Raz your build looks very much like the kind of car im doing a middy and complicated did you look at my web pics (both pages)?

Click this for my Minotaur

mhh not sure how to answer the how far on i am.
i guess you can see that im a lot further on than when i bought a pile of bits a year ago. its a rolling chassis i have added rads and seats now , im trying to decide about door locks now. since then just doing body work as its cheep need to save for engine now. prob this one www.enginefactory.com/375hp.htm
so for now im just doing body work.
i want to paint it myself (i have sprayed cars in the past, not fiberglass)
i am waiting to talkk to someone about the new paints available and if i will be able to use them and spray at home in my garage .
i have also decided that there is no point in an external door latch and will just put an internal door latch and alarm the car , with key fob locking , maybe some kind of override,
nice looking car numnuts

[Edited on 7/8/06 by stulad]

rusty nuts

posted on 7/8/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
You could have met a few builders at 907s barbie yesterday near Clare not too far from you , bit late now but keep an eye on the club/ events section for future meets
stulad

posted on 7/8/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
were

ok will do thanks sorry i missed it was it good?

[Edited on 7/8/06 by stulad]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.