Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: important GET MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ETC
andy d (rizla)

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
important GET MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ETC

I GOT A CHEQUE TODAY FOR 6,745 QUID

and it didnt cost me a penny,everyone should do this,the banks will soon catch on and cap this

get back all those bank charges and those 35 pound letters etc,late payment charges on credit cards etc

fill the form in and send it off its free and it works 2 others in my work place have been payed out too one got 700 pound and one got 3000 pounds

they go back 6 years for the charges so chances are youll get something back

link

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ricklawn

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good but what is the catch
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
unless you've never had a bank charge!

Basically Gov. recently said "oi, banks, you're ripping people off" and the banks are quietly refunding a % (i believe usually pretty much everything) from the last 6 years. I think the hope is that less people will write the letter than they'd have to pay out if it was made compulsive by the gov.

Hellfire

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ricklawn
sounds good but what is the catch

You lose your entitlement to any interest on the money. Quote: You get all the charges..We'll negotiate the interest with your bank, and take that as our fee. Unquote

Phil

ricklawn

posted on 22/1/07 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
sorry for sounding dim, but if you was in an overdraft situation, then you wouldn't have had any money to get intrest on. and they can't t take away future intrest can they
andy d (rizla)

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
like he says they get the interest

i had no idea id been charged that much on late payments etc

it worked for me so id thought id pass it on

just think of what you could buy for your cars

or you can do nothing and get nothing

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trextr7monkey

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote

'Kinell Mr Rizla - have you paid that in charges already ??
We go ballistic if they ever try and charge us for the odd item that slips through !!
I took an overdraft to get married and that was the last !!!
Seem to remember the bank dude phoning me up after the month was up asking when Iwould pay and fortunately I had the money in my pay packet!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

Danozeman

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is anyone else going to do it??

I would be a bit reluctant to send my bank details.....

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

martyn_16v

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Is anyone else going to do it??

I would be a bit reluctant to send my bank details.....

There's no reason to go through an agency, if you scout about there is a site that has a load of sample letters to fill out and send to your bank directly.

I'd be a bit wary of doing this if you have an overdraft, it is not unheard of for the bank to pay up and then immediately close your account and demand the overdraft paid back pronto. I also wouldn't expect any kind of favourable service/deals from them in the next hundred years or so if they did keep your account.

ricklawn

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
i have got an old account that i dont use anymore only a few quid in it. used to have an overdraft so will give it a go. nothing to lose with that bank
Moorron

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
A few friends have done this and got there moneys back, only trouble is the bank closed all there acounts. i think its great if your poor with money as u gain, but like any greedy company they will just get there money back another way. they have already talked about charging for standard accounts unless u have a steady £2000 balance. how many people have that money lying about.

I hate banks

I think its great if u have had loads of charges to now be able to get your moneys back.

i think it bad for me as i will be penalised in the future for never going into the red

zxrlocost

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Moorron is right

claim more than a few late payment funds back

and youll upset the bank

1, theyll close your account and anything to do with the account

then that means theyll want anything paying off ie overdrafts etc

youve also got to open another account elsewhere

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

andy d (rizla)

posted on 22/1/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
well ive got no overdraft, so i have no worry about my bank account, but one good thing is i have a letter from my bank asking me if i have any problems with them in the future to speak to them first

i hate banks and if i can get anything out of them then im happy

ps going to florida now this year

zxrlocost

posted on 22/1/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
your ok if you dont have a loan or overdraft with them but theyll still close your account most likely
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Pezza

posted on 22/1/07 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the process of doing this myself via the consumer action group forums advice.
Just sent off for my bank records from halifax, they pissed me off one to many times with the way they invoked charges in a sneaky way. eg 2 payments are due on the same day... they would always ensure the largest would come out first putting me over my overdraft and charging me thirty odd quid, then the next that might only be 2 or 3 quid they take out consecutevly and charge me another thirty odd quid followed by a fee for going a set limit over my overdraft.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

JoelP

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
more info here:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=54076

i wouldnt dream of sending bank details via that link, it would be no suprise if scammers got in on the act and fooled people into giving their details.

owelly

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
My other half is in the process of claiming back all her charges and she has just received a letter from the bank saying that she had signed the agreement that stated that she had understood the terms and conditions and any further action will result in the bank making a counter claim against her to recover all costs incurred to them as a result of the claim!! The letter was hand signed my a bloke with a name and an extension number from the local branch!!
Should we call his bluff??

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

Stu16v

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
This should help

Dont just build it.....make it!

andy d (rizla)

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
yes
JoelP

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
My other half is in the process of claiming back all her charges and she has just received a letter from the bank saying that she had signed the agreement that stated that she had understood the terms and conditions and any further action will result in the bank making a counter claim against her to recover all costs incurred to them as a result of the claim!! The letter was hand signed my a bloke with a name and an extension number from the local branch!!
Should we call his bluff??

You are likely protected by the 'unfair terms in consumer contracts' legislation. Unfair terms cant be enforced, these ahve been deemed unfair, and hence cant be enforced. Myself, id go in with a hammer and smash his teeth out for getting funny with the missus.

Moorron

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
good link, ivew cut n pasted the interesting biy

Isn’t it in the terms and conditions though?

Of course when you got the bank account there were terms and conditions (though most don’t read them). Yet that’s irrelevant; a contract must be written within the law, and they can’t enforce a contract with legally unfair terms. Ultimately if it isn't proportionate then it's unlawful, and thus you've a right to your money back.

i would not only call there bluff, but send a snotty leter back suggesting they are perverting the course of justice and any more letter with the same content will b passed onto your solicitor. lol

i hate banks

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

James

posted on 23/1/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Look up the Radio4 money programme, the've talked about this quite a lot.

But as said, you don't need to go through an agency AFAIK.

Cheers for the heads up!

James

[Edited on 23/1/07 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

rebelrider

posted on 23/1/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
well i sent my forms off to the agent in that link this morning im rubbish with money "spend spend spend untill it runs out then spend some more get charge wait till i get paid then start again" so......... i could be a millionaire soon lol
how long does this process take ? and has anyone done it with hsbc ? are they likely to tell me to fuf off and find another bank ? i also hate banks they cost me a fortune

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 23/1/07 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Folks,

bit of a contentious idea here.........

what ever money you get, use it to pay off your debts, then if their is any left over, put it aside for when you get hit by an un-expected bill.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the only reason the banks have levied these charges is because you have spent more money than you have. If you don't go over into debt or go over your overdraft then the bank can't charge you.

If you hate banks so much, take your money out and put it under your bed / in a house safe. No one makes you leave your money in them. Sure the banks could alter how they take your money out so you don't get charged this / that or the other ........ why should they? they are a business? The sole reason they exist is to MAKE MONEY. How would you like your employer to start saying "Sorry lads, can't pay you this month, that customer we've got, we realised if we don't charge him this month (and therefore don't pay you) then his cashflow will be a lot better and ......"

Rant over.

ASH3

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sent mine off a week ago.. how long does the process take?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.