Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cad Drawings for LMP body
Kaspa

posted on 4/4/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
they are full sized working Cad files in both layout and model format, and that pic is meerly that , a picture snap shot of one of the plasma profile files. so people could get an idea of whats there
if you want to see pics of a completed chassis go here
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff257/stryka_01/Stanton%20WRC-95/
every component on that chassis has a drawing on file
the model you will see is a 1/4 scale model, plasma cut out useing the file for a trial, and it fits together perfectly, i only hope i can build a full size one as good.
cheers Kaspa

[Edited on 4/4/08 by Kaspa]

understeer= when you hit the wall front first
oversteer=when you hit the wall back first
HP= how fast you hit the wall
Torque= how far the wall moves when you hit it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thegasmen

posted on 6/4/08 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
cad drawings

Looks superb let me know when your ready to sell the discs i would be very interested.

Kind regards Mick

ceebmoj

posted on 7/4/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
hi there I have sent a u2u as well

Kaspa

posted on 10/4/08 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
People, good god ive had so many queries for this from all around the world i'm blown away, i had no idea of 1/ the amount of interest or 2/ the value of what i now posses.
i have taken some expert advice from a couple of learned freinds who have been through the disc and as engineers no what it contains etc, and now have a fair idea of what it would cost if was to walk off the street and have this work done for me by a CAD design engineer, and its a scary figure.
i would like to share what i have, and there is a few ways it could be done.
1/ set up a web site and sell subsciptions, and you get access to files as you need them, on a pay as you build option.
2/ sell the disc outrite to some one who wishes to build the car, or any of its components on a commercial scale.
3/ sell the files in partial lots , ie chassis, then suspension components etc etc as the build progresses, then finaly body.

Thats the advice i have been given, so i would be rather silly to ignore it.
As for the website option, i havnt a clue how to go about that, so if anybody out there is will to help out on that side of things for a pecentage of sales etc, i'd be more than happy to have them get in touch.
or if any one else has a feasible plan of attack get in touch
Thanks guys
cheers John

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ceebmoj

posted on 10/4/08 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
hi,

I have sent you a u2u about websights.

blake

phongshader

posted on 11/4/08 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
or you could write a book
Build your own LMP for as little as £250

Kaspa

posted on 11/4/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

or you could write a book

Nah, ill leave the writing of fairy tales to JK Rowling.
kaspa

[Edited on 11/4/08 by Kaspa]

Kaspa

posted on 12/4/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify intellectual rights issues that has been brought up a couple of times, i have this evening spoken to the designer, builder of the project so far, and he is fully agreeable to what ever i propose to do with the disc as it is , in his own words, Now My Property; to do what i like with and he has no problem with that, whatso ever.
as some of you may have guessed i have been stalling things a trifel untill this was cleared up just to make sure i was doing the right thing by all those concerned. and now i have peace of mind , to those out there that are serious, get in touch by all means.
cheers Kaspa

[Edited on 12/4/08 by Kaspa]

Kaspa

posted on 4/5/08 at 02:51 AM Reply With Quote
well things have progressed a little, after umpteen god knows how many enquiries and to and frowing about what things are worth etc , well i let the market set a price which people are happy with, and thats what has happened, two copies of the disc have been sold , both to the States and by all reports the recipients are happy with what they got.
i wont mention the price here as i'm not a redgistered trader on this forum and dont wish to upset the apple cart, but if anyone is still seriously interested by all means pm me and i will let you no.
cheers Kaspa

rpmagazine

posted on 4/5/08 at 03:23 AM Reply With Quote
I sincerely hope that you have put a very substantial disclaimer on the information to protect yourself. I have been down this path and very very strongly suggest you seek some legal advice.

www.racemagazine.com.au

Kaspa

posted on 4/5/08 at 04:01 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the concern, but like most things where a design or kit etc is sold , i have no input into the contruction etc so cannot offer any sort of gaurentee.
its purley up to the individual to follow or alter what ever when ever to suit there own requirments..
they purchase the disc under that provsiso
besides i'm broke, sue me.
cheers Kaspa

rpmagazine

posted on 4/5/08 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
The simple thing is to provide a disclaimer that you provide no guarantees to accuracy etc etc and the you strongly advise them not to use the data within...then if they do, you are covered. I have this issue with the project car in Race Magazine. The idea to 'sell' plans was shelved when I found out that the insurance was huge and effectively had no time limit.

www.racemagazine.com.au

Kaspa

posted on 22/5/08 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
A couple of facts i found out today from our Cad design engineer at work, who spent the weekend going over the disc and is doing some torsionial stress studies for me on the chassis.
1/ the program used to create it, $18000 NZ, pluss an annual subsciption fee of a couple of grand.
2/ he estimates somewhere in the region of 800 to 1200 hrs of work has gone into it, and at $100 to $150 an hr, thats a lot of money.
its certainly not an avenue i would be going down as an option. scary stuff.

but on a brighter note , two copies have been sold, and one chassis is already starting to take shape, It will be LS7 Chev powered with a porsche G50 trans, should be an absolute rocket.
cheers Kaspa

[Edited on 22/5/08 by Kaspa]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.