Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon fibre and GRP chassis
Delinquent

posted on 18/5/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ians
I personally feel whilst it may not have an advantage over a spaceframe for the amateur or first time builders it offers a challenge that some may find worth the effort. Ians.

That's the key to me. Steel tubes are simplicity themselves and cannot be faulted for their ability to do the job - but it's just not that challenging to make a decent chassis out of them.

(my emphasis)

Dick Bear

posted on 19/5/08 at 04:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Delinquent if you keep chipping away at this you will eventually assemble all the data and resources necessary to build that monocoque of your dream.

I, for one, am looking forward to your success and am waiting patiently for the build to begin.

Good luck!

Dick Bear

www.marketpointproductions.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gakes

posted on 19/5/08 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
great posts guys, you've just made me realize to look to aerospace and aircraft technologies

Description
Description

Delinquent

posted on 19/5/08 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Bear
Hey Delinquent if you keep chipping away at this you will eventually assemble all the data and resources necessary to build that monocoque of your dream.

I, for one, am looking forward to your success and am waiting patiently for the build to begin.

Good luck!

Dick Bear

Cheers mate

Got plenty of time for the design and research stages at the moment - I was supposed to have started the build about 6 months ago but have still got problems with the bloomin workshop going up!!! May have to re-apply for planning yet AGAIN

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.